+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolution Sports

Revolution Sports

I see this ‘company’ mentioned in dispatches, buried between the lines in reports on our current position. Who, what, why is this? And whose is it? (although I have my realistic suspicions as to who…………..)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I see this ‘company’ mentioned in dispatches, buried between the lines in reports on our current position. Who, what, why is this? And whose is it? (although I have my realistic suspicions as to who…………..)
    TA's company. Plenty people know more about this than I do. The following is copied from another Forum, I can't say it's all true, just putting it out there.

"Not to mention Derek Bond, the club's director of finance, touts himself on LinkedIn as the 'Director of Sports Investment' at Revolution Global Sports Investment (more on them in a minute).

He lists United among his current roles but his bio is all about Tony's company, where Derek is:

'...engaged with the owners of football clubs across Europe to facilitate the sale of their club or bring in new investment. I am also working with high net worth individuals, consortiums and funds from across the world who are looking to invest in or acquire European football clubs. My job is to bring club owners and investors together and facilitate the deal process.'

https://www.linkedin.com/in/derekbon...alSubdomain=uk

There appears to be no such company as 'Revolution Global Sports Investment' in the UK btw. Tony's current venture is called 'Revolution Sports Investment'. Formed in 2021.

The last one, 'Revolution Global Sports Consulting' was dissolved/struck off in 2021. Bond's LinkedIn states he's been with Revolution since 2018.

Tony's current 'Revolution' is late to file the latest year's accounts. He's the only director, with ownership of at least 75% of shares.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/13339880

Meanwhile, back on LinkedIn, Tony has taken the reverse approach to Derek.

Despite apparently owning 'Revolution Sports Investment', incorporating it in 2021, and being it's only director.. he does not mention the company on his LinkedIn profile. At all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonyasgh...alSubdomain=uk

The company's LinkedIn page seems to be a continuation of the dissolved business. Again Tony is not listed as having any association with it.

They claim to have offices in Argentina and Spain. Possible that had something to do with Sporle and Fuchs transfers..?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/derekbon...alSubdomain=uk

There appears to be no such company as 'Revolution Global Sports Investment' in the UK btw. Tony's current venture is called 'Revolution Sports Investment'. Formed in 2021.

The last one, 'Revolution Global Sports Consulting' was dissolved/struck off in 2021. Bond's LinkedIn states he's been with Revolution since 2018.

Tony's current 'Revolution' is late to file the latest year's accounts. He's the only director, with ownership of at least 75% of shares.

https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/13339880

Meanwhile, back on LinkedIn, Tony has taken the reverse approach to Derek.

Despite apparently owning 'Revolution Sports Investment', incorporating it in 2021, and being it's only director.. he does not mention the company on his LinkedIn profile. At all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tonyasgh...alSubdomain=uk
    The company's LinkedIn page seems to be a continuation of the dissolved business. Again Tony is not listed as having any association with it.

They claim to have offices in Argentina and Spain. Possible that had something to do with Sporle and Fuchs.

"Not the first time this has all been mentioned.

I'd like to know more.
    The Italian boy involved within United is also linked to Tony's business and so is Ricardo Cerdan who is always around Tannadice on match days.

My contact within the club who resigned, said before they left that Tony was filling the club with ex Revolution people, all acting as agents. Was one of the reasons why Laura McCallum left the club. 'Revolution are bleeding the club dry' was one of there last comments on the matter.

------‐----- end

As I say James, this is all lifted from another forum, I'm not saying it's all correct.

A bit of a messy post above, apologies.

To summarise, it was TA's company Revolution Sports that persuaded Ogren to buy United. The deal was that TA would then run the show. If the guy above is right, there's more than one Director who is employed by Revolution in one form or another.

I have felt for a long time that TA has been spending MO's money like water, based on his template of how a club should be run.
    MO has consistently bought into this and now finds himself severely out of pocket.
    But as of yesterday no sign that MO intends to (or can) oust Revolution Sports.

The question that must now be asked has Revolution Sports been managing the club in the best interests of the club long term or has it been running the Club in the best interests of Revolution Sports at the exclusion of all other considerations.

Its mental to think a mere few months back people were telling me to shut up on here for rocking the boat regarding Tony.I always made it crystal clear it had nothing to do with his police or The Rangers background and i stand by that 100%.I was hearing far too many stories from people more involved in the club than i am and knew they couldna all be malicious.

I have never met an agent that isn't all about lining his own pockets and TA is no different.

Neilson move to Hearts ?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I have never met an agent that isn't all about lining his own pockets and TA is no different.
    I've even met an agent who was quite happy to ask a dodgy pilot to fly a dodgy plane to collect a player in France so he could pocket his cash as quick as possible, resulting in the player's death.
    Said agent was banned at the time and just used his son as a proxy. Both utter despicable human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its mental to think a mere few months back people were telling me to shut up on here for rocking the boat regarding Tony.I always made it crystal clear it had nothing to do with his police or The Rangers background and i stand by that 100%.I was hearing far too many stories from people more involved in the club than i am and knew they couldna all be malicious.
    I'd say the majority of folk aren't privy to the information you are though mate. It's entirely understandable that people don't want to believe everything they hear on a football forum, be it from you, or anyone.

i wonder how much they take in 'fees' as 'consultants' i wonder what that would come under and how much?

millions i dare say...

the tangerine pound, lining pockets of the incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    i wonder how much they take in 'fees' as 'consultants' i wonder what that would come under and how much?

millions i dare say...

the tangerine pound, lining pockets of the incompetent.
    From today's DUSF update......

The Chairman, Mark Ogren has been in town over the last week, his visit coinciding with the Club’s AGM and the meeting of the Dundee United Supporters' Group (DUSG).
    DUSF had representatives attending both meetings.

The AGM was held on Tuesday 21st February.
    There were around 30 shareholders in attendance and the top table comprised of Chairman Mark Ogren, Chief Executive Luigi Capuano, Sporting Director Tony Asghar, Finance Director Derek Bond, and Chief Operating Officer Joe Rice.

Derek Bond gave a brief financial overview from the 2021-22 accounts.
    DUSF asked where consultants' fees appeared in the accounts? Mr Bond replied that consultants' fees are included under administration costs in the accounts. When asked, Mr Bond stated that some of the Executive Board were consultants but that it could not be broken down further. Administrative costs increased by £1m on the previous year.
    ------------------------------

(tHeArAb - seems Joe Rice is Chief Operating Officer not Communications as I had thought) Chief Operating Officer? Does he make the tea for the Chief Executive Officer??

Anyways, seems DUSF are on top of the commissions getting pocketed by the Revolution Sports boys.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)