+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rochdale

The team did enough on a very poor (pitch) beach to blunt the early dominance of Rochdale, Goaly was very good, we got back into the game and in the second half dominated the game, the goal looked inevitable in coming but so did the collapse. They never looked likely to score after the first 15 mins but then we can rely on the management team to F..k things up. How on earth they couldn't see the distress Finnegan was in (who happened to be one of the best players on the pitch) after we scored when he needed those mins of attention beggars belief. A blind man and his dog could have seen that ( sorry that describes our so called management team) Effectively we played with 10 men until they scored and then low and behold our management maestros then think it wise to make the first substitution of FINNEGAN.

This mickey mouse management ( of players and facilities) are a cheap joke and I am getting pissed off having to pay good money to continue having to watch such mediocracy. I don't necessary blame the players because I believe overall they are worthy of a better league position. I just want to be entertained, You pay peanuts you get Bell and Morris, and ultimately you become another Rochdale, Crawley, Harrogate or Hartlepool. Not surprisingly our fantastic undefeated run the club will like to portray has been against these also runs, which we are fast becoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Creweger View Post
    The team did enough on a very poor (pitch) beach to blunt the early dominance of Rochdale, Goaly was very good, we got back into the game and in the second half dominated the game, the goal looked inevitable in coming but so did the collapse. They never looked likely to score after the first 15 mins but then we can rely on the management team to F..k things up. How on earth they couldn't see the distress Finnegan was in (who happened to be one of the best players on the pitch) after we scored when he needed those mins of attention beggars belief. A blind man and his dog could have seen that ( sorry that describes our so called management team) Effectively we played with 10 men until they scored and then low and behold our management maestros then think it wise to make the first substitution of FINNEGAN.

This mickey mouse management ( of players and facilities) are a cheap joke and I am getting pissed off having to pay good money to continue having to watch such mediocracy. I don't necessary blame the players because I believe overall they are worthy of a better league position. I just want to be entertained, You pay peanuts you get Bell and Morris, and ultimately you become another Rochdale, Crawley, Harrogate or Hartlepool. Not surprisingly our fantastic undefeated run the club will like to portray has been against these also runs, which we are fast becoming.

We haven’t had a decent manager in years kiddie coach after kiddie coach we are a pathetic club limping along waiting for the final blow to put us out of our misery.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    I know the game wasn't the best, but..

.... what a fantastic (double) save by Beadle in the first minute. Thought he did well on his home debut.

Also thought that Tabs run and cross for our goal was top quality.

Really disappointed not to get 3 points, but that is now 5 games unbeaten.
    The game, for me, was split into 3 parts. First 25/30 minutes they looked the more likely and we were spared the most dreadful start by 2 top notch saves from the young keeper (who looks an excellent signing and, dare I say, has started better than Arthur did) and then we gradually began to stamp some authority on the game and could have gone in ahead with some better finishing. the second half was all Crewe and a goal looked to be inevitable. Great header from Adebisi and that should have opened the door for a couple more. But as is often the case we tried to protect what we had and stopped pressing. They eased their way back into the game and, not helped by the injury to Finnigan, they fashioned a couple of chances and took one of them and looked the more likely to win the game.
    It is disappointing not to win but some credit should be afforded to Rochdale who came here to win as that is the only way they will be saved from the drop. Sutton next and I would take a point again and extend the run to 6

Rochdale were also the latest visiting crowd to boo the expression of anti-racism before kick off. Just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Rochdale were also the latest visiting crowd to boo the expression of anti-racism before kick off. Just don't get it.
    They live amongst us Gazan

Wise words but still bloody annoying

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Possibly because, and it’s only a thought, because the gesture has become meaningless, outdated and the original meaning totally ignored these days. A bit like the old handshake line at the start of games. Then they kick lumps out of each other, and any modicum of sportsmanship is forgotten even before kick off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12