+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale

Rochdale

First up: don't let Sambou anywhere near the starting (or finishing!) lineup.
    Secondly Attack, Attack!
    In the opening match of the season we hardly allowed Rochdale out of their half during the first 45 minutes. The Alex employed a high press throughout that first half and Dale found it hard to get through. Admittedly, several players looked dead on their feet during the second half and that allowed Rochdale to get back into the game. I don't know if it would be worth trying the same tactic again.
    However, going back to my first point: after his humiliating cameo against Hartlepool he followed it up last night with switching off in a potential one-two with Agyei which would have seen in to the box. He is not only poor but seemingly his confidence is now shot. It will do him and the club no favours to give him any more game time. There are youngsters who couldn't do any worse and would suffer less damage by being played in his stead.
    The game also sees the return of Academy graduate Toby Mullarkey, who had been doing a fine job for Altrincham over the last few years.

Wouldn't say no to having the same starting XI for this game as on Tuesday.

Really hoping that "Nev" gets a goal (or three) - he deserves it ...

Going for a Crewe win - 3-2

I'm hoping the match goes to 'form' (or at least according to position in the table!). It being the Alex, we all get our hopes up and have expectations against teams below us. We should beat them but maybe we shouldn't expect it. You'd expect Rochdale to be fighting for their lives as losing on Saturday would make their chances of survival paper thin. As a result, the first goal will be very important, especially if we score it. If that happens, then either they'll roll over and let us have the game or throw themselves at us in an attempt to get back into it. In either scenario, the Alex shouldn't fart around but go for the jugular. We need to be on the front foot from the beginning and I think the skillful partnership of Finnegan and Tabiner in the centre should go again. Either of those have the ability to play Agyei or Nevitt in through the middle. I would like them to persist with 2 wide men, perhaps Brook and Uwakwe with (as I've said a few times!!) the former being an orthodox winger and the latter occasionally tucking in but both using the full width of the pitch when we have the ball. That way Rochdale's back line can be stretched for our midfield 2 to play through the middle.
    But then again, what do I know?🤷*♂️
    Anyway, I'm going for a 2-1 double.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

I'll endorse what you have said there Frogpole with a slightly different scoreline of 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

I would be disappointed if we conceded 2 to Rochdale they do look destined to drop out of the league so I am going for a 2-0 win today Agyei and Ainley with the goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I would be disappointed if we conceded 2 to Rochdale they do look destined to drop out of the league so I am going for a 2-0 win today Agyei and Ainley with the goals.

Shocked a horrible game with the worst 2 teams I have seen play at Gresty Road in many a year awful awful awful

It was. At least Rochdale showed some intent.
    Why oh why do we think one goal will be enough? When Tabiner broke down the right only Nevitt went with him. Behind Nevitt there was a 50 yard gap.
    In the second half right up to the goal we were moving in the right direction. As soon as we scored we funnelled back and hardly came out again.

On a positive note: another great game from Mcdonald. Is going to be my player of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    On a positive note: another great game from Mcdonald. Is going to be my player of the season.

Be a closer run thing for the ****test player of the season with the remaining squad neck and neck how have we managed to produce and buy so much rubbish there are some terrible players at our club.
    Last edited by Wartman; 25-02-2023 at 07:15 PM.

I know the game wasn't the best, but..

.... what a fantastic (double) save by Beadle in the first minute. Thought he did well on his home debut.

Also thought that Tabs run and cross for our goal was top quality.

Really disappointed not to get 3 points, but that is now 5 games unbeaten.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast