+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - booking.com

OT - booking.com

Booked flights for this weekend on Flybe through booking.com. Flybe went bust. No flight. Booking.com refuse to refund the money paid. Credit card company contacted. A couple of hoops to jump through but the CC Co have, this week, refunded the fares.

Just received an email from booking.com telling me I may now check in for the flight. The flight that isn't taking place...

Total incompetence. I won't be booking via .com again.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Booked flights for this weekend on Flybe through booking.com. Flybe went bust. No flight. Booking.com refuse to refund the money paid. Credit card company contacted. A couple of hoops to jump through but the CC Co have, this week, refunded the fares.

Just received an email from booking.com telling me I may now check in for the flight. The flight that isn't taking place...

Use booking.com a lot...never for flights but often for accommodation. They usually give you 24-48 hours before arrival to cancel and I’ve never had a problem with them.
    Seems untypically harsh on their part if they won’t refund the cost of accommodation that is dependent on the travel arrangements you’ve also made through them.
    I’d take it further...difficult to see how you are not in the right...both morally and logically.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-02-2023 at 01:28 PM.

I didn't infer MA had lost any accomodation costs due to Flybe going titsup, but as it's a contingent loss it may be more difficult to argue, if there are any consequential losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I didn't infer MA had lost any accomodation costs due to Flybe going titsup, but as it's a contingent loss it may be more difficult to argue, if there are any consequential losses.
    Sorry...I thought he inferred that the only refund he is receiving is via his Credit Card company and then only for the flights (‘fares’) and not for the accommodation he also arranged through booking.com.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Check in. You have your money back, be funny to see the response.

Flybe went into administration at the end of January for the second time in about 3.5 years.

The first time they went into admin was inn 2019, so couldn't be related to COVID (so it must have been Brexit!). Interestingly one of the guys involved in it then was called Hosking!

Sadly, not least for the moral of this story, not the same Hosking as we had. But watch out, precedent tells us that in another 2 or 3 years time......

We simply rebooked on KLM. I booked the hotel direct as that was cheaper than via booking.

Can't fault them for consistency though, I also got a reminder from them reminding me to check in for the non-existent return flight as well...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)