+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sevilla Goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic Attacked in Europa League Game.

Sevilla Goalkeeper Marko Dmitrovic Attacked in Europa League Game.

Yet another goalkeeper gets attacked in a football game.
    Thursday night's Europa league game, PSV Eindhoven v Sevilla in which PSV won 2-0
    but lost 2-3 on aggregate.
    In the closing stages of the game a PSV fan ran onto the pitch & attacked Sevilla G/K
    Marko Dmitrovic, hitting him in the face with a punch, but Dmitrovic managed to
    wrestle the invader to the ground, held him there until stewards took him away.
    Marko Dmitrovic said, " He was probably angry about the result, & a bit crazy already,
    he tried to hit me & I managed to grab him, & wait for security ".

I think Dmitrovic is trying to soften the incident, in saying he tried to hit me, while
    actually a punch landed in his face.

What next, some idiot with a knife, I would think more security needs to be behind the
    goalkeepers area, to deter idiots getting to a player.

The 20 year old PSV fan who attacked Sevilla g/k Marko Dmitrovic in a Europa league game,
    has been given a 3 month prison sentence, with 1 month suspended.

Should have got a whole year and a Lifetime ban!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The 20 year old PSV fan who attacked Sevilla g/k Marko Dmitrovic in a Europa league game,
    has been given a 3 month prison sentence, with 1 month suspended.
    More information -
    Turns out the fan who attacked the Sevilla g/k was already serving a National Stadium ban until 2026, imposed by the
    Dutch Football Association, but entered the ground at the PSV v Sevilla Europa league game, with a ticket bought for
    him by a friend.
    He was already banned from being anywhere near the Philips Stadium, when PSV play home matches for next 2 years.

Verdict - Complete idiot, common sense should have told him to keep a low profile, seeing he was already banned.

UEFA are investigating the attack.

40 year stadium ban. He'll be back at the age 60 which is still fairly young for a modern day hooligan

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65020337

He was already banned from European stadium's. Obv makes no difference.
    I would give his mate who bought the ticket the same fine and ban him

He'll move house in time and his appearance will change when he gets older.
    He could change his name too
    He could be asked to report to a police station for every matchday in Europe for the next 40 years though at the taxpayers expense

As mentioned above it's impossible to impose the ban. He'll be back

Thanks for that CAMiller -

Thinking though he was banned for 2 years from being anywhere near the Phillips Stadium, yet
    still managed to get a ticket, it will be hard to enforce.
    He could grow a beard, grow his hair, shave his head, anything possible, even plastic surgery

One way of stopping him going to a game, could be the authorities putting a tag on him, on match days.

Verdict - The fan needs a brain transplant.

Or - Has Grist might say, " The fan needs a brain first, to be able to have a transplant ".
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 21-03-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    More information -
    Turns out the fan who attacked the Sevilla g/k was already serving a National Stadium ban until 2026, imposed by the
    Dutch Football Association, but entered the ground at the PSV v Sevilla Europa league game, with a ticket bought for
    him by a friend.
    He was already banned from being anywhere near the Philips Stadium, when PSV play home matches for next 2 years.

Verdict - Complete idiot, common sense should have told him to keep a low profile, seeing he was already banned.

UEFA are investigating the attack.
    I'm sick of saying these so-called stadium bans are a joke because there's nothing to stop a friend buying tickets for anyone in that situation and there you have the evidence.