+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens v Dunfermline

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Saturday was a result we almost all expected and just accepted. The performance was so flat and we had no threat going forward. At one point during the second half I looked round at the extremely quiet fans on the terracing and couldn’t believe how many were on their phones rather than watching the football.
    Bartley has a massive rebuilding job on his hands in the Summer. He gets that wrong and we’re in serious bother.
    Haha, I know what you mean with the phone thing. Watched the highlights on Dunfermline's channel and during the first goal there are a few on their phones on the terracing.

On the game, the amount of players I would keep at the end of the season is diminishing week after week

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Haha, I know what you mean with the phone thing. Watched the highlights on Dunfermline's channel and during the first goal there are a few on their phones on the terracing.

On the game, the amount of players I would keep at the end of the season is diminishing week after week
    Mr Bartley in today's Standard quoted as saying McKenna and Quitongo have turned down going out on loan so far

That's of little concern in the overall picture, - what's more important is getting the players aiming for goals.

That being said, Quitongo is a talented football player, - but he seems to go off the boil after the first hefty challenge. Bartley may have a problem if these players refuse to go out on loan, - as we are effectively stuck with players who refuse to perform.

Bartley deserves to be judged after he gets his own team next season but I can totally understand why supporters are getting frustrated already after what we’ve had to watch over the last few seasons. Falling attendances and a total lack of interest in and around town remain and major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Mr Bartley in today's Standard quoted as saying McKenna and Quitongo have turned down going out on loan so far
    Quitongo tonight joined Clyde on loan.

Just read Dunfermline had over 9,500 fans at their game against Falkirk last night. We can never compete with clubs with such a big following.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Just read Dunfermline had over 9,500 fans at their game against Falkirk last night. We can never compete with clubs with such a big following.
    Fierce rivals and first and second in the league it was always going to be a great attendance considering both clubs are getting over 4,000 at their home games but you are correct there is no way Queens can ever attract league crowds like that to Palmerston - 900 plus last week take away the Airdrieonians support shows how many Doonhamers have disappeared like snow off a dyke over the years - that's the way it is and we have just got to roll with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)