+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of those days!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    So has our drawn home games.
    Yes i hear you Uysapie

Fair play to the Daggers, they did a number on us. No complaints, we should have won convincingly but they were magnificent in defence. A long way to go but it's in Wrexham's hands now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The pressure is now on Wrexham, just a pity that Chesterfield on Tuesday now looks an easy game rather than a tricky one. If we carry on playing like we did today, Wrexham won't have much margin for error.
    I think the pressure is on Notts. We could still be top at end of the season but I have very serious doubts now. No meltdown, keep the pressure on and let's see what happens.

The players were gutted at the end as most went to the floor. There was a feeling of shock and disbelief around the ground as to what happened. It was not because we lost the game because we were poor, but how you can dominate, create so many chances, put in so much hard work and effort and not win.

However we (and that includes fans) deal with this emotion and move on ready to start another run next Saturday. There doesn’t need to be a detailed post mortem, criticism of the players or manager or meltdowns. It’s still the best season results wise in living memory and it’s doubtful we will see a season like it again in our lifetimes that’s how incredible it’s been.

Yes the advantage goes to Wrexham as they have two games in hand. But we are still top and they need to win Tuesday. This two horse race is far from over and it needs strong minds and strong characters and supporters to continue to get right behind this team. Let’s not be defeatist or negative but instead focus on and relish the challenge ahead and objective which is to get out of this league and push Wrexham all the way and make them work for it.

The Notts that has won 25 games is still that side and I’m sure the pendulum will swing again back to us because football is full of twists and turns. If it doesn’t and Wrexham ultimately end up matching or bettering our remaining results and end up with more points than us then they will deserve it and we can be proud and confident going into the playoffs. Likewise the same is true if it’s reversed and it’s us that take the title.

Are we ready to come together and get behind the lads for the last eleven games.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 26-02-2023 at 08:24 AM.

There’s still everything to play for. Wrexham are now favourites but the pressure is now on them. Didn’t they slip up last season? All we can do is carry on playing as we have recently and see where it takes us. If we have to win through the play offs, we’ll be ready for it and can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    That is why having games in hand has helped Wrexham, if i believe correctly, Chesterfield were playing well when Wrexham were first meant to play them
    So not only do they have money, a 12th man, they now have luck as well
    I'm sure Wrexham fans would say they are well overdue some luck after their extended stay in the NL and maybe so but it's a bleddy shame it's arrived this season. The Hollywood hype just makes it worse for us long suffering Notts fans.
    Let's face it if Wrexham weren't around we'd have pretty much secured promotion as champions a few weeks back. We're 21 points clear of Woking in 3rd so it would take something really extraordinary to happen for them to challenge us.
    Football has a habit of throwing up surprises so it's a shame some posters are saying it's over. There's plenty of time for things to change again. None of us know what's coming, it's all guesswork. Personally I think last night's fluke result will make Notts stronger. I don't expect a collapse. This season under LW Notts have shown real character and there is absolutely no reason why this will change. If Wrexham finish as champions and I accept they're now favourites to do so I still think Notts will get through the playoffs. Notts spell of bad luck showed up last night. Wrexham's blip has yet to arrive, maybe it won't this season we'll have to wait and see. Wrexham and Notts both deserve promotion and I'm confident they'll both achieve it.

Poor defending first half, Poor finishing second is what cost us, I'm resigned to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Fair play to the Daggers, they did a number on us. No complaints, we should have won convincingly but they were magnificent in defence. A long way to go but it's in Wrexham's hands now.
    We needed Scott in the box for all those crosses coming in!

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Yes i hear you Uysapie
    But Wrexham could say they would be clear of us if it wasn’t for their away form so it’s 6 of one half a dozen of the other.
    I think Wrexham are better at breaking teams down with their old style football of percentages in the box which helps them at home when teams park the bus
    We are a better footballing side hence when it turns into a football match when we go away we are better than the rest in most cases
    We could argue that we would have won at least a couple of the home draws and last nights defeat if we had been given stonewall penalties and on watching some of Wrexham’s soft penalties it does appear that Hollywood get a better rub of the green

There’s still everything to play for.
    Exactly. It's not worth throwing yourself under a bus just yet.

Sorry Swale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast