+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Context

Context

While it is quiet I am taking the opportunity to put any niggling, left over negativity over the chairman and direction of the club into context.
    Tomorrow we have a realistic chance of winning away at Swansea to go 8 points clear of relegation.
    In recent years we have.
    Gone head to head with chesterfield for promotion
    Gone head to head with notts county for promotion
    Beaten Aldershot in a play off semi final
    Beaten S****horpe in a play off semi final
    Lost to Dag and Red in a play off final

All those teams are now non league and it is getting worse for S****horpe and Donny look like joining them next few seasons.

Tony Stewart is the greatest chairman in the club’s history.

Apart from some silliness now and then there’s nothing wrong with TS and I just don’t get why some have a problem unless it’s personal

Put your own ****ing money in if you’re not happy.

Not looking for an argument, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    While it is quiet I am taking the opportunity to put any niggling, left over negativity over the chairman and direction of the club into context.
    Tomorrow we have a realistic chance of winning away at Swansea to go 8 points clear of relegation.
    In recent years we have.
    Gone head to head with chesterfield for promotion
    Gone head to head with notts county for promotion
    Beaten Aldershot in a play off semi final
    Beaten S****horpe in a play off semi final
    Lost to Dag and Red in a play off final

All those teams are now non league and it is getting worse for S****horpe and Donny look like joining them next few seasons.

Tony Stewart is the greatest chairman in the club’s history.
    Agree totally

Spot on Yak he’s the best chairman we’ve ever had and at least he’s local not some faceless mr big who only turns up if he’s in the country for some other reason (eg Sheikh /American whatever) the only slight moan I do have is when he keeps going on about Premier League football but then again I can forgive this as at the end of the day he’s a salesman and if he came out with “ We’ve no hopes and will drop straight back to league 1 “ it wouldn’t sell many tickets! A bit of balance needed I think
    The recent splurge in the January transfer window has shut his critics up at least for now and it is now up to MT to finish the job in staying up if we fail then at least it can’t be through lack of backing from the Chairman

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Spot on Yak he’s the best chairman we’ve ever had and at least he’s local not some faceless mr big who only turns up if he’s in the country for some other reason (eg Sheikh /American whatever) the only slight moan I do have is when he keeps going on about Premier League football but then again I can forgive this as at the end of the day he’s a salesman and if he came out with “ We’ve no hopes and will drop straight back to league 1 “ it wouldn’t sell many tickets! A bit of balance needed I think
    The recent splurge in the January transfer window has shut his critics up at least for now and it is now up to MT to finish the job in staying up if we fail then at least it can’t be through lack of backing from the Chairman
    Totally agree with this thread. But not sure this recent transfer activity is a splurge. I think it is just a quick spending of the income from Barlaser. But good that we didn't hang around and seemed to have got some players in that give us a good shout of stopping up. Well done all concerned in the circumstances

Never knocked TS Leo Coventry Fosu Hugill our stopping up players well gives us a better chance!

Quite a few have and probably will again.
    No matter one anyone says he saved Rotherham United, there were simply no other credible buyers around.
    Not only that we left the dump that was Millmoor, and have a brilliant stadium in the town centre, so yes,we have a lot to grateful for.
    As a chairman he has limitations, mainly down to not wanting us to be back in the sh*t again ,so we will have to get used to us being unable to compete with most teams at this level, but least we will have a team to support in 20 years.

Tony Stewart has come good in backing the manager with transfer money, in the
    January transfer window.
    But I did get fed up of Tony Stewart keep coming out with the statement, we have
    learnt a lesson when relegated back to league one.
    Which did seem a ploy to get fans to renew their season tickets.
    So you could call me a fan who did complain.

It would have been a good gesture by the club to compensate any fans making the extremely difficult trip to Swansea.They deserve that,surely,other clubs have done this.

Why it's not compulsory to go ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast