+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Huge week indeed mate, I fear we are ****ed though whoever comes in. That January window has bent us right over
    That’s where I’m at - doesn’t matter who it is, the make up and balance of the squad is such that the new incumbent is being asked to make a purse from a sow’s ear. It’s no happenin’.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That’s where I’m at - doesn’t matter who it is, the make up and balance of the squad is such that the new incumbent is being asked to make a purse from a sow’s ear. It’s no happenin’.
    Not to mention the very questionable attitude and workrate of the players. This weekend has left us rooted and I honestly don't see us getting out of it. Of course I'm still praying for miracles but also preparing for the wilderness years subconsciously.

Who in their right mind would take the job? This will go to charlie and they will say that they did what the fans wanted. This is 100% going to be spun as the fans fault! Unless our next manager is a brand new player/manager/goalkeeper...it is not going to make any difference. What will the interview be, who can say the word "believe" the loudest? Honestly..this is moving the deckchairs around on the Titanic. I'll give it a week before the begging messages are out for fans to "back the manager" and " get fans to the games to support the team." This would never of happened until the fans had said that they would take their money out. It is too late to try and make changes..it needed to happen in January! I will be raging if this set of players all of a sudden became good because a new manager came in, it would 100% show them all to be frauds! This club is doomed until TA goes!

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I think he is part of the dressing room problem...
    I'd be interested to know why you think this.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Who in their right mind would take the job? This will go to charlie and they will say that they did what the fans wanted. This is 100% going to be spun as the fans fault! Unless our next manager is a brand new player/manager/goalkeeper...it is not going to make any difference. What will the interview be, who can say the word "believe" the loudest? Honestly..this is moving the deckchairs around on the Titanic. I'll give it a week before the begging messages are out for fans to "back the manager" and " get fans to the games to support the team." This would never of happened until the fans had said that they would take their money out. It is too late to try and make changes..it needed to happen in January! I will be raging if this set of players all of a sudden became good because a new manager came in, it would 100% show them all to be frauds! This club is doomed until TA goes!
    Motherwell fans probably saying the same then they get 7 points out of 9...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    as its clear he puts his interests before the club's.
    Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I think he is part of the dressing room problem,
    What exactly has Mulgrew done to make you boys think this?

Fwiw, I'll be astonished if he gets it on a permanent basis. Interim possibly, but there are only two candidates for that position until a new man is appointed.

I know for a fact that some of the players have openly said that they would prefer Mulgrew over Fox. Questioned Fox's tactics and character. I also know that Mulgrew has always had an ego that thinks he is better than he is, whilst at Celtic, he got a new deal and then 2 weeks later wanted his agent to go back in and renegotiate a better deal or he was "Off to the premiership" He is a very popular member of the dressing room but I think he wants to be Captain, coach and manager! The lad is 100% ego!

I know for a fact that some of the players have openly said that they would prefer Mulgrew over Fox. Questioned Fox's tactics and character. I also know that Mulgrew has always had an ego that thinks he is better than he is, whilst at Celtic, he got a new deal and then 2 weeks later wanted his agent to go back in and renegotiate a better deal or he was "Off to the premiership" He is a very popular member of the dressing room but I think he wants to be Captain, coach and manager! The lad is 100% ego!
    Sorry but that's got to be made up nonsense.

Fair enough, believe what you want! Personally, I think that if the players are likely to listen to Mulgrew, then he should take charge of the team for the rest of the season. If that isn't an option, then they will have to get rid of Mulgrew because he has too much influence on the players. That would mean that we weaken ourselves further! I can't see the club spending a penny on getting someone in.

...because he has too much influence on the players.
    How can you know this? I get you can believe what you want, just like me, but there is so much ****e going around at the minute. As I say, everyone will believe what they want and that's fine but it would be interesting to see some more information around this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)