+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Robins.

Matchday thread: Rams v Robins.

No, not the Brizzle or Swindon version but the lesser known bunch from that part of the world who we beat at their place about six weeks ago.
    Hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways. We really need to as we’re suddenly sharing the joint worst record in the top six (or more) over the last five games.
    No injury worries that I’ve heard of so, with something to prove, 3-1 home win.

I worry there will be idiots that boo at half time if we don't start well.
    That aside, I feel positive about a win, 3-0.

3-0

If we defend like we did at Barnzerleh we'll lose. 2-1 Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I worry there will be idiots that boo at half time if we don't start well.
    That aside, I feel positive about a win, 3-0.
    Idiots? Surely not ha.

Yeah its going to start happening at some point but in fairness the fans have been excellent this season so far. Its when you get those start coming back because we are winning and they have that sense of entitlement to think their ticket buys them entrance to see the performance and result they want.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Idiots? Surely not ha.

Yeah its going to start happening at some point but in fairness the fans have been excellent this season so far. Its when you get those start coming back because we are winning and they have that sense of entitlement to think their ticket buys them entrance to see the performance and result they want.
    Twas ever this Sith, I don't know to what degree other clubs suffer from the 'moaning minnies' but we seem to have always had more than our fair share! It's when they pick on a particular player that really gets my goat. I mean, it's not going to help him or the team if some moron(s) shouting 'you're f***ing useless, etc etc etc'!
    Even in Cloughie's time there was plenty of them about. We had one group near us on the Popside that seemed to moan the whole game with one guy being particularly anti-Frank Wignall! Mind you this git had his comeuppance one game when, after giving Frank his usual tirade of abuse, a copper suddenly appeared from behind him and, with a large gloved hand, gave him the biggest clip round the earhole you've ever seen. He proceeded to tell him that if he heard one more peep out of him he'd frogmarch out of the ground and he could look forward to a few hours in the cells. A huge cheer went up from nearby fans who were thoroughly pissed off with the moaning and groaning and, the best bit, we never saw them near us again!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Twas ever this Sith, I don't know to what degree other clubs suffer from the 'moaning minnies' but we seem to have always had more than our fair share! It's when they pick on a particular player that really gets my goat. I mean, it's not going to help him or the team if some moron(s) shouting 'you're f***ing useless, etc etc etc'!
    Even in Cloughie's time there was plenty of them about. We had one group near us on the Popside that seemed to moan the whole game with one guy being particularly anti-Frank Wignall! Mind you this git had his comeuppance one game when, after giving Frank his usual tirade of abuse, a copper suddenly appeared from behind him and, with a large gloved hand, gave him the biggest clip round the earhole you've ever seen. He proceeded to tell him that if he heard one more peep out of him he'd frogmarch out of the ground and he could look forward to a few hours in the cells. A huge cheer went up from nearby fans who were thoroughly pissed off with the moaning and groaning and, the best bit, we never saw them near us again!
    We had it a few seasons back with Bradley Johnson, got booed but a section of the crowd when his name was read out, think some fans don't understand the meaning of the word Support.

Also quite good that the older guy who used to sit near no longer does, he had a very blinkered view of anyone who was not white and didnt have an old fashioned english name.

Easy 😎 but I didn't go, any reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Easy 😎 but I didn't go, any reports?
    Not the most thrilling of games, McGoldrick mom he really is special in short spurts, defence back in order, some sloppy midfield work esp from white, dobbin frustrating BUT he did make the first and score the second, Cashin reminds me of Todd with his marvellous defending and the occasional bloody awful pass. And thank God we don’t support Cheltenham I thought they were dross

Nice little result which was much needed after the weekend result.

Another 3 points saturday please to set us up nicely for what could still be a 6 pointer against plymouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)