+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy players next season?

Academy players next season?

So, Tabiner is becoming an established member of the first team. But who will be joining him next season? Finney jnr was seemingly ahead of Tabs until his injury and so would seem to be an odds-on to feature next season. By all accounts, it would appear that we'll be seeing more of Holicek next season(if not earlier). Is there anyone else? Probably we'll see a few appearances from Lunt, Billington and maybe the odd appearance from one or two others. There must be some 'Academy watchers' who can provide one or two more insights.
    So maybe 3 regulars so not enough to sustain a push up the table. Some careful recruitment still needed.

Connor Evans is another player who potentially could make the step-up next season

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, Tabiner is becoming an established member of the first team. But who will be joining him next season? Finney jnr was seemingly ahead of Tabs until his injury and so would seem to be an odds-on to feature next season. By all accounts, it would appear that we'll be seeing more of Holicek next season(if not earlier). Is there anyone else? Probably we'll see a few appearances from Lunt, Billington and maybe the odd appearance from one or two others. There must be some 'Academy watchers' who can provide one or two more insights.
    So maybe 3 regulars so not enough to sustain a push up the table. Some careful recruitment still needed.
    Not too many I hope between 3 to 5 is more than enough I also don’t want to see mass first year contract awards to academy players and those that are offered first year pro deals should not be given a first team squad number the board should fill the first team squad places with quality experienced players by way of free transfers, transfer fees paid and also loans significant investment is required. I know this will not happen but it does not make it right.