+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Final points haul

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, I'm having a laugh at all the so called fans here who have never once address WHY the hell this club is in this mess and WHAT needs doing to change things..

I would say the Board are having a laugh at meek fans who put up with anything along with most teams we have played this season who have had a laugh at our million pound a year academy..

You may just TRY and THINK why clubs such as Brentford who are miles richer than us ditched their academy as it was a failure and WHY 99% of clubs in the lower leagues won't ever have a Cat2..

Did you make a note of what Brenford said?

Any young brilliant kid that was in their academy could be bought for next to nothing?

So then what IS the point of our academy Cat2 when clubs better than us won't have one?

If you mock me as you do, then mock them too as they must surely know better than you do..It may cpme sooner than you think! Not answering or posting one liners is exactly board policy probably...I'm still waiting for an answer of how much the Cat2 academy costs the club per season...Maybe its nothing? Maybe its a hell of a lot?

25 quid will get you a ticket in non league!
    Not really sure the club is in a mess. There are undoubtedly clubs that are in a mess but I don't believe we are. I suppose it depends on what constitutes a mess. It is interesting that a few seasons ago we were being compared unfavourably with Rochdale and then last season with Accrington Stanley. I rest my case. We may not be flying high and our board may cop for some criticism but they are keeping our club on a steady if unspectacular even keel.
    One point of our Academy as I have told you almost as often as you bleat on about it being a waste of money is that it provides us with players to supplement our first team with players on low wages while they prove themselves worthy of a better contract.

£25 is about the going rate for a football match these days in lower leagues. Football clubs cost money to run and I am not aware they operate as a charity. They have to make money!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Not really sure the club is in a mess. There are undoubtedly clubs that are in a mess but I don't believe we are. I suppose it depends on what constitutes a mess. It is interesting that a few seasons ago we were being compared unfavourably with Rochdale and then last season with Accrington Stanley. I rest my case. We may not be flying high and our board may cop for some criticism but they are keeping our club on a steady if unspectacular even keel.
    One point of our Academy as I have told you almost as often as you bleat on about it being a waste of money is that it provides us with players to supplement our first team with players on low wages while they prove themselves worthy of a better contract.

£25 is about the going rate for a football match these days in lower leagues. Football clubs cost money to run and I am not aware they operate as a charity. They have to make money!
    You're just being logical and using rational arguments. 😅😅😅

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Obviously where I am going wrong

Now you know where you're going wrong!!

Gazan 54
    Furberstreet 53
    Whosbrianwilson 53
    Jimmyboldon 52
    ShropshireAlex 52
    Timmy58 50
    frogpole 49
    Crewe Alex 48
    Teammoo 45

Maybe I was too pessimistic!
    Maybe! You're the only one left who can be right with his original prediction ......

Gazan 54
    Crewe Alex 54
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Furberstreet 53
    Whosbrianwilson 53
    Jimmyboldon 52
    ShropshireAlex 52
    Timmy58 50
    frogpole 49
    Crewe Alex 48
    MeForCrewe 47
    Lukcour 47
    Wartman 45
    Teammoo 45

Just thought I'd slip it in before tomorrow night! ( although nothing may change then!!)

And it seems I WAS being a pessimist.
    Who knows, it could be 60 points AND 10th!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456