+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This is a whole new ball game Supersub6. Sinkov asks the question, "What Happened?"

I don't know the answer but I'll bet about 85/90 Football League Chairmen wish they did!
    Oh yes, however, we are the lucky ones

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That will certainly be a problem which must be addressed at some time in the not to distant future, however, there is no point in worrying about what may or may not happen. As always, enjoy what is happening now and let the future take care of itself.
    It is possible our phenomenal success just might work in our favour. If he'd been just fairly successful, hovering round the top 3/4 and playing good football, he might have accepted the first decent offer he got from a bigger club. But he may be thinking now, just how far can I take this club, this group of players, if they can just stroll into the PL virtually unbeatable, how far can they go in the PL, Top 10 ? Europe ? who knows ? He might want to hang around now just to find out, this success might have bought us another season or two extra with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It is possible our phenomenal success just might work in our favour. If he'd been just fairly successful, hovering round the top 3/4 and playing good football, he might have accepted the first decent offer he got from a bigger club. But he may be thinking now, just how far can I take this club, this group of players, if they can just stroll into the PL virtually unbeatable, how far can they go in the PL, Top 10 ? Europe ? who knows ? He might want to hang around now just to find out, this success might have bought us another season or two extra with him.
    Let's hope so mon ami. UTC#

I dont know why he has done so well for us, but I think he did quite well at Anderlecht too. He had them in third and fourth place and now they are 9th. We seem very fortunate at Burnley... first Dyche worked miracles and now Kompany are at it. I'm also not so worried about him leaving. When he came he said he chose Burnley because of the people in the club. He praised Pace for his transparency around our financial situation etc. I don't think he experienced that at Anderlecht. I'm sure he can find good people at other clubs, but I also think he knows what he's got here and could stay until he can't take us further.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I dont know why he has done so well for us, but I think he did quite well at Anderlecht too. He had them in third and fourth place and now they are 9th. We seem very fortunate at Burnley... first Dyche worked miracles and now Kompany are at it. I'm also not so worried about him leaving. When he came he said he chose Burnley because of the people in the club. He praised Pace for his transparency around our financial situation etc. I don't think he experienced that at Anderlecht. I'm sure he can find good people at other clubs, but I also think he knows what he's got here and could stay until he can't take us further.
    Well said Will.

My first thoughts were he was biding his time for city , but the longer things have gone and the way Arteta has progressed ( peps prodigy) I think he’d be next in line at City which could give us a good while longer whilst Vincent learns his trade.

I have a feeling that Alk will secure investment and back our manager , from there it’s just about how far we can go and how long he stays.

what I think....

You have an idea for a business, but for it to be successful, each department needs management that can do the job from their own perspective - but - "must" have corresponding goals...and aspirations that marry.

thats the basics, the method of it - then for the practice....how to find the crucial parts and get it right at the first attempt....there's a gamble in cherry-picking, you may think you've snagged the finest, but how will they perform together ?
    Answer, choose those that have....driven by a respected/recognised name, one with some influence, who'll bring the necessary gravitas and inspire loyalty among the personnel, etc.

'I have worked with all five men before and I know the qualities and experience they will bring to the club - Vincent Kompany

Craig Bellamy (Assistant Manager), Jelle ten Rouwelaar (Goalkeeping Coach), Bram Geers (First Team Coach), Floribert Ngalula (First Team Coach) and Richard Bredice (Lead First Team Performance Analyst & Set-Piece Coach).

Assistant Manager Bellamy, a former Liverpool and Manchester City forward, Bellamy moved into coaching in 2016 at Cardiff City, before joining Kompany at Anderlecht in June 2019 as U21 manager and then assistant first team manager.

Goalkeeping Coach, Jelle ten Rouwelaar, who spent nine years as first choice goalkeeper at Dutch side NAC Breda during his playing career, was first team goalkeeper coach at Anderlecht for two seasons prior to his arrival at Turf Moor.

First Team Coach Geers also worked with Kompany at Anderlecht and he has moved from Belgium to link up once again with the new Burnley manager.

First Team Coach Ngalula represented Manchester United at youth level and also played professionally in Denmark, Holland, Israel, America, Finland and Germany. The 35-year-old worked alongside Kompany at Anderlecht.

Analyst Bredice was a first team opposition analyst at Manchester City between 2013-2019, before joining Kompany at Anderlecht as first team performance analyst.

Last edited by Norder; 28-02-2023 at 08:29 PM.

I dont know why he has done so well for us, but I think he did quite well at Anderlecht too. He had them in third and fourth place and now they are 9th. We seem very fortunate at Burnley... first ***** worked miracles and now Kompany are at it. I'm also not so worried about him leaving. When he came he said he chose Burnley because of the people in the club. He praised Pace for his transparency around our financial situation etc. I don't think he experienced that at Anderlecht. I'm sure he can find good people at other clubs, but I also think he knows what he's got here and could stay until he can't take us further.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

what I think....

You have an idea for a business, but for it to be successful, each department needs management that can do the job from their own perspective - but - "must" have corresponding goals...and aspirations that marry.

thats the basics, the method of it - then for the practice....how to find the crucial parts and get it right at the first attempt....there's a gamble in cherry-picking, you may think you've snagged the finest, but how will they perform together ?
    Answer, choose those that have....driven by a respected/recognised name, one with some influence, who'll bring the necessary gravitas and inspire loyalty among the personnel, etc.

'I have worked with all five men before and I know the qualities and experience they will bring to the club - Vincent Kompany

Craig Bellamy (Assistant Manager), Jelle ten Rouwelaar (Goalkeeping Coach), Bram Geers (First Team Coach), Floribert Ngalula (First Team Coach) and Richard Bredice (Lead First Team Performance Analyst & Set-Piece Coach).

Assistant Manager Bellamy, a former Liverpool and Manchester City forward, Bellamy moved into coaching in 2016 at Cardiff City, before joining Kompany at Anderlecht in June 2019 as U21 manager and then assistant first team manager.

Goalkeeping Coach, Jelle ten Rouwelaar, who spent nine years as first choice goalkeeper at Dutch side NAC Breda during his playing career, was first team goalkeeper coach at Anderlecht for two seasons prior to his arrival at Turf Moor.

First Team Coach Geers also worked with Kompany at Anderlecht and he has moved from Belgium to link up once again with the new Burnley manager.

First Team Coach Ngalula represented Manchester United at youth level and also played professionally in Denmark, Holland, Israel, America, Finland and Germany. The 35-year-old worked alongside Kompany at Anderlecht.

Analyst Bredice was a first team opposition analyst at Manchester City between 2013-2019, before joining Kompany at Anderlecht as first team performance analyst.

That bloody goalkeeping coach needs to step up to the plate though Norder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That bloody goalkeeping coach needs to step up to the plate though Norder.
    My thoughts too, I was beginning to think we didn't have one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)