+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allotment Watch

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    What happened min, did they throw you out?

The site not the allotment.

Free the Mason one.
    Apparently FootyMad still has some site admins, who knew? The one on PJM Mad is a huffy wee princess who can’t handle his team being shyte

Quote Originally Posted by 89Mason View Post
    Apparently FootyMad still has some site admins, who knew? The one on PJM Mad is a huffy wee princess who can’t handle his team being shyte
    Fek off Tampax!
    That one was actually quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    That one was actually quite funny.
    It’s exactly what this website is for. Can’t believe the admin took the huff over it. Doesn’t seem right they can ban you across the network either. What’s to stop them jumping over here and banning every member? That’s what I’d be doing

Tomato plants are coming along a treat. No sign of the chilliest yet

Are you going to plant them outside, or have you splashed out on the posh greenhouse?

They’re inside just now. F*ck knows where I’m going to put them as the allotment is still on hold. The greenhouse will have to wait, as the missus has pointed out there’s other projects in the house that require attention first before tomatoes.

Typical woman, bloody unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Typical woman, bloody unreasonable.
    Yep. I think I’d happily see out my days in a comfy seat in a greenhouse, surrounded by tomato plants & reading or listening to TMS. It’s an incredibly low bar to set yourself & im falling well short

I presume you mean Test Match Special

That and Gardeners Question Time.

Sod listening to someone saying GQT

Anyway, not an unreasonable ambition, most men aspire to a hutty of some sort.

A place where you can sit down without being accused of upsetting some unnecessary cusion or whatever.

Winter onions still under fleece. Another three weeks should see the last of the heavy frosts, the soil will warm up, and they’ll take off like triffids atop a Mitre size 5. The second early Catrionas* will go in at the same time.

The top dressing (2” of home compost) was applied for the summer onion planting back in November, sowing probably about April 23 to celebrate Shakespeare’s birthday (he died on his birthday too, timing it as beautifully as any of his sonnets).

I have some salad seeds, but I think I may start them off in modules to foil brer gastropod. My pal brews beer on an almost small industrial scale, and generously gives me supplies. The more ‘experimental’ esoteric stuff (ken) like fruit and wheat beers will be the bait in my slug traps so that the slithery bástards can have a happy drowning.

* rules? Why, certainly.
    Name:  E6F90DA2-96E3-4A8C-B8B9-729C9A0D19E7.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  10.7 KB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast