+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allotment Watch

Allotment Watch

Retirement beckons, and just at the right time, my wait for an allotment is over.
    Nothing huge, what they call a micro plot but it's the size I always thought an allotment would be, some of the full size plots are nearer a bloody farm.

Anyway I know Vintage is a keen veg grower and I saw Mason chip in with allotment talk the other day so lets enter the growing season with an appropriate thread.

Tempted though I am just to plant the whole thing with rhubarb and let Neeps harvest it in return for a few bottles of rhubarb riesling, I'll probably diversify a wee bit more than that.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 28-02-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Garthdee? West Tullos? Up the road fae the Bon Accord ale factory? Bucksburn?

Garthdee

That’s some site. Massive. Looks well-provided with water and communal composting. I think the original plots were beside the Copper Beech afore it caught a-fire.

I walked past on Friday, and there wasn’t much activity, but that’ll change in the next couple of weeks as things warm up.

Dolly Digital has a plot there. I gave him some raspberry canes when he first started out.

It's really nice, folk seem friendly too, not that I've met that many.
    I'll keep a look out for a plot covered in AFC merchandise.

My intention is to spend far more time standing and blethering than actually digging and my plot would seem perfectly positioned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Garthdee
    If I'm not mistaken I think Neeps has an allotment there inaw. I'm sure he'll tell us,

In the old Hippy days there used to be a place called Garthdee Farm, Think that may be plots now ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I think Neeps has an allotment there inaw. I'm sure he'll tell us,
    I was talking to him last week, he said he did have one but alas no more.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Retirement beckons, and just at the right time, my wait for an allotment is over.
    Nothing huge, what they call a micro plot but it's the size I always thought an allotment would be, some of the full size plots are nearer a bloody farm.

Anyway I know Vintage is a keen veg grower and I saw Mason chip in with allotment talk the other day so lets enter the growing season with an appropriate thread.

Tempted though I am just to plant the whole thing with rhubarb and let Neeps harvest it in return for a few bottles of rhubarb riesling, I'll probably diversify a wee bit more than that.
    What’s the basis of their allocation, who owns them, what’s the rental, lease term etc? Seen them driving past and often wondered. Reminded me of eastenders!

Cooncil owned ( well us really)
    Long waiting list ( I think 5/6 years I was on it)
    Very very cheap indeed.( I'm going to be about £12.50 per annum)
    Last edited by donsdaft; 28-02-2023 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast