+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 📺Luke Williams Interview: Unbeaten Run and more...

durham, if we fail to get promoted and lose the core of our team, they will be players fetching a fee in excess of which we payed for them so with our recruitment we will be able to buy better replacements in theory. If you watched the bros interview with Paul Mace last night they said they have all bases covered and the aim is to get stronger each season regardless of the division we are in.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding team selection or anything else for that matter, but no one has a clue how the matches would have played out with every ones different line ups instead of the actual team chosen.
    Regarding Scott in particular, the whole season might have panned out completely differently for him if he had not got covid in pre season and been able to start the season in the first eleven. He has always been playing catch up, and his latest injury hasn't helped him.
    It is truly amazing for any one to have such negative views about LW this season, either from a coaching angle or indeed as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    durham, if we fail to get promoted and lose the core of our team, they will be players fetching a fee in excess of which we payed for them so with our recruitment we will be able to buy better replacements in theory. If you watched the bros interview with Paul Mace last night they said they have all bases covered and the aim is to get stronger each season regardless of the division we are in.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding team selection or anything else for that matter, but no one has a clue how the matches would have played out with every ones different line ups instead of the actual team chosen.
    Regarding Scott in particular, the whole season might have panned out completely differently for him if he had not got covid in pre season and been able to start the season in the first eleven. He has always been playing catch up, and his latest injury hasn't helped him.
    It is truly amazing for any one to have such negative views about LW this season, either from a coaching angle or indeed as a person.
    Just because we have been on an unbeaten run doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement. My comments regarding chopping and changing the team and bringing new players into the team without them earning the right was purely for that reason. I am not being negative towards LW, I'm purely suggesting a way in which to give us the best chance of going up. If you are happy with team rotation and giving games to the new players ahead of those who have earned the right to play then fine. I dont slag you off when you post something i may not agree, so i dont expect you to.....

It is a message board for giving opinions durham, we are allowed to disagree. I would hardly say I was slagging you off, and to my mind you do come across as negative towards LW. I just happen to trust LW to do whatever is right to get us promoted. I know the old adage was to neve change a winning team, but that was before technology was able to tell us which players might be close to breaking down.
    All I care about is Notts going up, but I don't feel qualified to pick fault with LW on team selection. Maybe those new players have earned the right to a place in training. All Notts aren't we.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is a message board for giving opinions durham, we are allowed to disagree. I would hardly say I was slagging you off, and to my mind you do come across as negative towards LW. I just happen to trust LW to do whatever is right to get us promoted. I know the old adage was to neve change a winning team, but that was before technology was able to tell us which players might be close to breaking down.
    All I care about is Notts going up, but I don't feel qualified to pick fault with LW on team selection. Maybe those new players have earned the right to a place in training. All Notts aren't we.
    I'm not negative towards him, Ive already said that he is the best manager we have had since Steve Cotterill. That doesn't mean that i have to agree with everything he does. If we all thought the the same, what's the point in having a message board...

That's all good then Durham, because I rarely agree with anything that you post

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm not negative towards him, Ive already said that he is the best manager we have had since Steve Cotterill. That doesn't mean that i have to agree with everything he does. If we all thought the the same, what's the point in having a message board...
    Fair play and very true if we all agreed it would be a pretty boring place.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345