+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Aberdeen (h) - 3 points needed

Plenty other youngsters we have seen come and go or out through injury, but did as good a job as some of the more established. Glass, Mochrie, Meekison, Fotheringham, Chalmers (not everybody’s cup of tea but runs at defences). Is McLeod now out the picture? Niskanen not the greatest but works hard, Cudjoe etc. Work ethic all better than what is on display now.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Plenty other youngsters we have seen come and go or out through injury, but did as good a job as some of the more established. Glass, Mochrie, Meekison, Fotheringham, Chalmers (not everybody’s cup of tea but runs at defences). Is McLeod now out the picture? Niskanen not the greatest but works hard, Cudjoe etc. Work ethic all better than what is on display now.
    MacLeod will be out of the picture now Foxy isn't being instructed to play him. The problem with the players you mention is that they get their chance and do nothing with it. Will be interesting to see how Goodwin changes things though.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Im not convinced that all those youngsters you mention can actually convince me they are better than our current established squad of which they are fringe players.

Glass, love the laddie, but for whatever reason, he just cannot cut it as a consistent established footballer. Contract up soon so its too late.
    Mochrie is having a great season on loan from all accounts, but will he make the step up to the first team?
    Meekison should really have been a regular this season, but for whatever reason he didnt and now injured long term.
    Chalmers i have witnessed doing some wonderful things, but one of them is not running at a defence. Contract up soon?

As for Cudjoe and McLeod, i doubt we will see much of them at all now the conductor is out the building, unless one of them becomes Fletchers knock down collector.

I expect there is a bit of a talent gap ahead between this crop of youngsters and the next, some of which have already been sold!

On Edwards, he is only an good in a three if he is the centre of the three otherwise he gets exposed as no pace

We did quite well with Smith and McMann either side of him from Oct to Jan

Last season just before the Butcher stuff came out we were solid with back three of Graham Edwards Butcher

I even watched the whole game to the end because as bad as we were, I thought we could score against them as they are also terrible.

While I see your point re lack of pace , it wasn’t that on Saturday , it was him being a idiot , just put the ball in row z , has to be left out Wednesday that’s the last 2 games he has been at fault , we simply can’t afford mistakes like that in our position .

...he must be carrying an injury..surely! I can't see any other excuses for his performances recently.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    On Edwards, he is only an good in a three if he is the centre of the three otherwise he gets exposed as no pace

We did quite well with Smith and McMann either side of him from Oct to Jan

Last season just before the Butcher stuff came out we were solid with back three of Graham Edwards Butcher
    Good point Shedders re Edwards at effectively right back. He was exposed. Where was Freeman, was he playing too high? Edwards is just about ok heading balls away from about the penalty spot.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)