+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Boycott on Saturday

Fully intending to drive up from Edinburgh tomorrow and offer every ounce of support and encouragement, no way are we getting out of this dreadful predicament by walking away, that's the kind of **** you expect from a fair weather glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghArab2023 View Post
    Fully intending to drive up from Edinburgh tomorrow and offer every ounce of support and encouragement, no way are we getting out of this dreadful predicament by walking away, that's the kind of **** you expect from a fair weather glory hunter.
    Well said mate and fair play - I respect your loyalty. I think some fans talking of a boycott are just utterly frustrated and feel powerless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im not as old as that so didnt see the likes of Roland et al, but we certainly had many to do that in the 80s, but that sort of player to drive us on has been missing for far too long and certainly dont see anyone on the pitch capable of that these days.
    Always remember Rolland as a wingback before the term was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Always remember Rolland as a wingback before the term was invented.
    The Galloping Major. Hard as nails and great overlapping full back.
    Would have played about 8 games a season ah ending with a ref card in todays game.
    Remember great story about Rolland. He was in auld United clubbie with a young player. Ordered two pints when McLean comes and orders them on bud. McLean walks oot so Rolland downs pint in a oner. Asks young lad if he is goons drink he says no so Rolland drinks that in a oner. Great character

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Well said mate and fair play - I respect your loyalty. I think some fans talking of a boycott are just utterly frustrated and feel powerless.
    Tbf, the boycott talk was half a dozen folk talking about it for the Aberdeen game. This thread has been resurrected from the death. Don't see why any fan would want to boycott tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    I won't be joining any boycott.
    It is our team.

They need all pulling in the same direction.

My 3 sons, grandson and I will not be supporting a boycott.

So on this thread - 3 for a boycott and 23 not.

b l o o d y stupid idea a boycott !

The time for inquiries is the end of the season. Right now it’s all about survival and we all to a man have our part to play in that. Recriminations about where this has gone all wrong this season can come later , hopefully after securing safety. But that is for then, not now.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The time for inquiries is the end of the season. Right now it’s all about survival and we all to a man have our part to play in that. Recriminations about where this has gone all wrong this season can come later , hopefully after securing safety. But that is for then, not now.
    Boycott not a chance 100% behind team just now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)