+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Well if Goodwin comes he will know how to knock some of our players into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Possibly not many managers out there that would take a 3 month contract! We have no manager...so somebody needs to do it! Hopefully this is just a sticking plaster until we can get new owners in and a new direction for the club.
    I’m happy if it is a 3 months contract.

If he keeps us up he can stay

Let’s just get through this terrible season and not fall into the fundesliga

Given the options it’s not the worst choice

He has experience and some nouse. This is not a Mark McGhee type.

It could work out - particularly if we sort goalkeeper position

Honest opinion here. I don't think Levein was ever coming. I think he would have been flattered by the attention right enough but he would be asking himself do I need all that sh1t. And remember we still have a CEO who still has links to Asghar, maybe a deal breaker for Craig.

Even if I'm wrong and he wanted to come but a deal couldn't be agreed there is only one thing that he could guarantee to do and that would be to unite the support. He hasn't managed in years and there was no guarantee whatsoever he could deliver onfield success. I get the fan disappointment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post

We never had a problem when Bo, Holty and Jimmy Mac were dishing it out. Sometimes needs must.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Honest opinion here. I don't think Levein was ever coming. I think he would have been flattered by the attention right enough but he would be asking himself do I need all that sh1t. And remember we still have a CEO who still has links to Asghar, maybe a deal breaker for Craig.

Even if I'm wrong and he wanted to come but a deal couldn't be agreed there is only one thing that he could guarantee to do and that would be to unite the support. He hasn't managed in years and there was no guarantee whatsoever he could deliver onfield success. I get the fan disappointment though.
    Very good post mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    We never had a problem when Bo, Holty and Jimmy Mac were dishing it out. Sometimes needs must.
    As I said in another thread, if only we had one or two hard b@stards in our team right now, we might not be where we are.

Who would you prefer?
    Any **** other than the guy who saw Aberdeen to the most embarrassing result in their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Any **** other than the guy who saw Aberdeen to the most embarrassing result in their history.
    To be fair that's not really an answer is it ADS? Go on, make your choice for better than Goodwin....

To be fair that's not really an answer is it ADS? Go on, make your choice for better than Goodwin....
    Mate I've been asleep all day, not really had time to think about it. I went to bed expecting CL and woke up to Jim ****ing Cantwin. Our season has been a disaster, his season has been a disaster, do I need to join the dots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post

IIRC he never even saw a yellow for that.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)