+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

Welcome Jim Goodwin

In with Lee Sharp as no2 and Mulgrew as coaching staff. Willing to put everything aside, Fox has gone and Asghar has gone....probably about a month to late...but we have to dig in and hope we can get these players fired up. Goodwin has something to prove....so hopefully puts some fire in the players bellies. I think the Levein thing might just have to wait until the summer and this is a last ditch attempt at keeping us up. Anyway...good luck Jim!

I mean it's done now and I think you've got to support it but, a lot of folk won't. 🤔

Right, where are the sheets and who do we sack now?

Oh gawd to feck....

He failed abjectly at Aberdeen a larger club in Scotland. Not too disimilar to us.

Did well at Alloa and St Mirren, smaller tighter budgets , less expectations. This appointment just doesn;t fit imo.

I will however get right behind the wee grey hard fecker and hope dor the best.

I'm willing to give him a chance. The dynamic is different to Aberdeen. He was expected to have them challenging for 3rd. Here he is being a chance to scrap his way out of a hellish place. It could be his skillset is more suitable to this environment.

F++k Jim Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    I'm willing to give him a chance. The dynamic is different to Aberdeen. He was expected to have them challenging for 3rd. Here he is being a chance to scrap his way out of a hellish place. It could be his skillset is more suitable to this environment.
    Exactly, we have to get behind the manager and the team. If folk want to stay away then stay the f*ck away. Their own choice.

Mon Utd.

A manager who has not long been sacked for being unable to motivate his players and overseeing their worst ever defeat.

Anyone have any positive arguments for this appointment?

Genuine question, who made this appointment?

I personally think he could be decent, Mulgrew being the conduit is pivotal to this IMHO. Goodwin will at least have a plan and I would imagine he will not be the softly softly manager. He is exactly what we are needing for this run in.....we don't have a window to get players in, but what he doea bring is a fight! We all know what a horrible bast. he can be on the park and if any of that fight passes onto the players..we will see an improvement. If it is only until the end of the season...then it has to be better than Fox for the run in. I will be 100% behind him...it is down to the players now!

Believe Mark McGhee knocked us back, hence we are left with this caant.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)