+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 release list

It also depends on the style of play. Quick one touch forward play often down the wings is going to be more productive than the 'patient' (slow) build up we have tried to play most of the season.

I should also have mentioned getting sufficient players forward.
    I assume that Holicek will replace Ainley next season so that will probably be an increase in goal tally.

Heard a rumour yesterday that we have offered atleast 2 or 3 out of contact players a deal for next season albeit on reduced terms including the perennial one and Richards contract automatically renews on improved terms, anybody hearing anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Heard a rumour yesterday that we have offered atleast 2 or 3 out of contact players a deal for next season albeit on reduced terms including the perennial one and Richards contract automatically renews on improved terms, anybody hearing anything similar?
    I have no knowledge of who may have been offered, but I would guess Agyei, Uwakwe, MacDonald would be offered. Richards, for me, has no future here. We have used 4 keepers this season and every time he has played we have needed to bring someone else in. Booth inspires more confidence than Richards I am sad to say. And part of the reason for the cock up between him and Offord in the Orient game was because Offord had no faith in the keepers decision making. Not sure what the situation is with Offord's contract but we could do with keeping either him or MacDonald

For me, Offord has to go, for his own sake, as he is stagnating at Crewe. We have loads of (mainly central) defenders (though I'm a little concerned about how often Finney is injured) on the books so the club can afford to let him go with best wishes.
    If Ainley has been offered reduced terms then I'm sure he could take a step down and still earn more, e.g. Chesterfield or probably any of the top half of the National League. We have the players who can replace him already. It's the Finnegan role we need to fill for next season.
    We'll also need somebody up front, preferably a 'natural' winger and another, as we're a bit thin there. Is Connor Evans going to be another promising forward from the Academy who can't quite make the step up?
    As for the Academy/1st year scholars who is going to step up. We've had a number on the bench including Lunt -any others coming through?
    So basically, with another huge turnover of players, is next season also going to be one of transition?

Long can go, horrible attitude, particularly since we've paid him and supported his recovery for 12 months, good riddance. We have a years option on Offord but I wouldn't implement it. Hopefully Rod will sign up. I'm sure Agyei will be away for more money. Adebisi, Mellor and Uwakwe can go. Not sure about Ainley, on his day can be a good lg 1 player. Leaves space for 5 new signings...right back, centre half, wide forward and 2 midfielders. As for Richards, don't know that Booth is ready for No 1 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Long can go, horrible attitude, particularly since we've paid him and supported his recovery for 12 months, good riddance. We have a years option on Offord but I wouldn't implement it. Hopefully Rod will sign up. I'm sure Agyei will be away for more money. Adebisi, Mellor and Uwakwe can go. Not sure about Ainley, on his day can be a good lg 1 player. Leaves space for 5 new signings...right back, centre half, wide forward and 2 midfielders. As for Richards, don't know that Booth is ready for No 1 yet.
    I would venture to suggest that Booth looks more ready to be number 1 than Richards does!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I would venture to suggest that Booth looks more ready to be number 1 than Richards does!
    Sadly so would I - Brighton allowing Beadle to come back till January, with Tom sitting behind him and playing the Trophy could be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I have no knowledge of who may have been offered, but I would guess Agyei, Uwakwe, MacDonald would be offered. Richards, for me, has no future here. We have used 4 keepers this season and every time he has played we have needed to bring someone else in. Booth inspires more confidence than Richards I am sad to say. And part of the reason for the cock up between him and Offord in the Orient game was because Offord had no faith in the keepers decision making. Not sure what the situation is with Offord's contract but we could do with keeping either him or MacDonald
    Effectively we've been told Agyei and MacDonald have had offers already, and can't believe either of them are on reduced terms. Rod only joined us in League 2 and has been a great success, we were in League 1 when Agyei signed but no point offering less money to him! If we want to keep others, reduced terms/appearance money in one case, would be right.

I've been told today that one of our senior management staff is stepping down at the end of the season, this seems credible to me after what went on earlier in the season. I guess that the deckchairs will be rearranged again rather than fresh blood coming in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast