+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 release list

I take it that is Kenny (is he senior?). It's possible that the "deckchair" will remain vacant to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I take it that is Kenny (is he senior?). It's possible that the "deckchair" will remain vacant to save money.
    Interesting. I assumed it was Alex Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Interesting. I assumed it was Alex Morris.
    Yes A M was what I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Yes A M was what I was told.
    Number 2 to Artell at Swindon??

I was only guessing! Or hoping! If it is Morris, I would assume he's giving up football altogether.
    Another factor to consider is that should Bell fail in the first half of next season, not replacing Morris in the interim would make it easier to sack Bell and bring in an outsider.

I was only guessing! Or hoping! If it is Morris, I would assume he's giving up football altogether.
    Another factor to consider is that should Bell fail in the first half of next season, not replacing Morris in the interim would make it easier to sack Bell and bring in an outsider.
    Do you not like King Kenny then?

I would like to think that Lee Bell takes the club forward in his style but I hope his style is more easy on the eye than has been so far. To be fair to him, he has not had much opportunity to shape the squad for himself. A big summer ahead I feel. But not necessarily defining

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Number 2 to Artell at Swindon??
    What, the job he didn't get in January? (Would have been interesting if he'd been on the sideline on Saturday!)

I assume it must be either AM or Kenny for it to make any difference at all- but whichever's left would presumably still be/would return to being, Assistant Manager, so there's one with LB on match days

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    What, the job he didn't get in January? (Would have been interesting if he'd been on the sideline on Saturday!)
    Leading candidate to get it this time, allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Do you not like King Kenny then?

I would like to think that Lee Bell takes the club forward in his style but I hope his style is more easy on the eye than has been so far. To be fair to him, he has not had much opportunity to shape the squad for himself. A big summer ahead I feel. But not necessarily defining
    No, I do like Kenny but I thought that Morris might be more valuable.

I also agree that Bell may take advantage of a summer to impose himself - I hope he does. I was merely speculating with a view to recent history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast