+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2023 release list

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    No, I do like Kenny but I thought that Morris might be more valuable.

I also agree that Bell may take advantage of a summer to impose himself - I hope he does. I was merely speculating with a view to recent history.
    I suspect Kenny's forte may lie in coaching rather than management. I have no idea of the issues that meant Morris stepped aside from the management role but I hope everything is ok with him and his family. Again, I suspect his talents lie more in coaching than management.

Fine to have a useful first team coach in place, who can concentrate on that task, (though I know I won't get universal agreement there ....), probably either of them can do that, with (as I like to think) Lee growing into the manager role as he learns more on the job. Hopefully we'll see that next season. The retained list as decided by him (subject to who accepts offers) is going to be very interesting.

....and very short!

Having watched our excellent victory against Bradford last night, I really couldn't fault any player for effort. Have any of the "marginals" done enough to earn another contract? Well my view, for what it is worth (probably not much), we need right back. Mellor had a very good game last night but was poor against Swindon. I would offer him another deal but for me he would be back up and probably at Centre Half! MacDonald is definitely one to keep. Not perfect but we are unlikely to bring in any better. O'Riordan and Williams I assume are still contracted for next season. I can't make my mind up about Adebisi. He did well when he came on at half time but has been very patchy since he came back from injury.
    Thomas came in for a lot of criticism in the first half of the season but he has been outstanding recently. Again, I think he is still under contract. I would want to extend that as he looks very good at this level. The likes of Tabiner need tying in with extended contracts, something which doesn't prevent them moving on but does assure us of a decent fee. Finnegan will be playing at a higher level next season, maybe in Saints first team in the Championship. Agyei and Long look the business at this level and it would be lovely to hang on to both (providing that Long is respectful of his boss) and if they played next season as a pair I can see a lot of goals. Baker Richardson is very good back up to them. However if they both leave then they need re[lacing with similar quality which will cost money.

I would be tempted to try and sign Brook as he has at times looked very lively. I suspect we can't afford his wage demands tho.

It will be an interesting Summer and I suspect Lee Bell knows who and what he wants and hopefully that is players who can play football in the Crewe way

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Having watched our excellent victory against Bradford last night, I really couldn't fault any player for effort. Have any of the "marginals" done enough to earn another contract? Well my view, for what it is worth (probably not much), we need right back. Mellor had a very good game last night but was poor against Swindon. I would offer him another deal but for me he would be back up and probably at Centre Half! MacDonald is definitely one to keep. Not perfect but we are unlikely to bring in any better. O'Riordan and Williams I assume are still contracted for next season. I can't make my mind up about Adebisi. He did well when he came on at half time but has been very patchy since he came back from injury.
    Thomas came in for a lot of criticism in the first half of the season but he has been outstanding recently. Again, I think he is still under contract. I would want to extend that as he looks very good at this level. The likes of Tabiner need tying in with extended contracts, something which doesn't prevent them moving on but does assure us of a decent fee. Finnegan will be playing at a higher level next season, maybe in Saints first team in the Championship. Agyei and Long look the business at this level and it would be lovely to hang on to both (providing that Long is respectful of his boss) and if they played next season as a pair I can see a lot of goals. Baker Richardson is very good back up to them. However if they both leave then they need re[lacing with similar quality which will cost money.

I would be tempted to try and sign Brook as he has at times looked very lively. I suspect we can't afford his wage demands tho.

It will be an interesting Summer and I suspect Lee Bell knows who and what he wants and hopefully that is players who can play football in the Crewe way
    Good post. Agree with that.

2 down...more to come? That can't be it, surely?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234