+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 release list

2023 release list

Early I know but should be fairly simple to put some names down so here is a start

Richards
    Billy Sass Davies
    Griffiths
    Colkett
    Long
    Sambou
    Thomas

And I suspect Agyei and Uwakwe will want away and then the loan players will also vanish what do we think ?

I think Thomas and Colkett are both in contract and although the latter is injury-prone he might just come good. Uwakwe will definitely leave and although Agyei has said in the Football League Paper that he feels part of a team for the first time, I still think we'll see the back of him come next summer.
    Can't disagree about the other players. I suspect that there may be a 'mutual agreement' re: Ainley. It's also possible that Offord may move on.
    I am interested in what happens with Long. Potentially, he still has a lot of goals in him but he IS a big risk. In a fair world he should think he owes the club something but he may not want to stay even if offered another contract.
    Will Lawton be extended?

I'm pretty sure Colkett and Thomas both got 2 year contracts i.e. to Summer 2024 as well.

Richards and Griffiths both signed new deals last May but not sure how long. Long, Sambou, Agyei and Uwakwe are all out of contract.

Got a feeling Richards got longer than a year not sure about Griffiths.

So, anymore comments on Long's future after his 2 goals?
    And is Rod staying?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think Thomas and Colkett are both in contract and although the latter is injury-prone he might just come good. Uwakwe will definitely leave and although Agyei has said in the Football League Paper that he feels part of a team for the first time, I still think we'll see the back of him come next summer.
    Can't disagree about the other players. I suspect that there may be a 'mutual agreement' re: Ainley. It's also possible that Offord may move on.
    I am interested in what happens with Long. Potentially, he still has a lot of goals in him but he IS a big risk. In a fair world he should think he owes the club something but he may not want to stay even if offered another contract.
    Will Lawton be extended?
    I think that virtually all of the names have been covered in the posts so far. Whether we can get rid of any of the in contract players I don't know, I'm sure that Bell would love to and will be trying his best.
    I've got a feeling that we might not have seen the last of Ainley, I can't remember what number "last chance" it would be.
    Happy that it looks like McDonald will be staying, positive comments from both parties.
    Can we pull off Finnigan and Beadle for a return next season, that would be tremendous?
    I here that Ageyi and Long are definitely on their way, the former has had a lot of interest already including a Championship club.

So, anymore comments on Long's future after his 2 goals?
    And is Rod staying?
    Not sure the 2 goals would make any difference to our desire to keep him. He is a very good player at League 1/League 2 level. I don't recall him missing much of the previous season but he has missed a massive part of this season. I suspect he will be gone in the summer with plenty of offers.

Can't see Beadle being here next season. Brighton might be "very good to work with" but I'm sure they'd like to try him at a higher level. There must be other Premier League clubs that want to try their 18/19 year old goalkeepers.
    I suspect that Agyei will go to a middling League One club and that his appearances will dwindle as the season goes on.
    As for Long, my original question was borne out of people saying they didn't want him as he was too injury prone. It is obvious that there will be excellent returns from him if he can stay injury free. But, if MFCs sources are to be believed, it seems that someone else is prepared to take the risk.
    All of which suggests we're going to struggle for goals again next season.

Can't see Beadle being here next season. Brighton might be "very good to work with" but I'm sure they'd like to try him at a higher level. There must be other Premier League clubs that want to try their 18/19 year old goalkeepers.
    I suspect that Agyei will go to a middling League One club and that his appearances will dwindle as the season goes on.
    As for Long, my original question was borne out of people saying they didn't want him as he was too injury prone. It is obvious that there will be excellent returns from him if he can stay injury free. But, if MFCs sources are to be believed, it seems that someone else is prepared to take the risk.
    All of which suggests we're going to struggle for goals again next season.
    If CBR stays fit, he knows where the net is if nothing else. Also, Nevitt is bound to score at some point and then there is the inevitable goals from Tabs and others in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    If CBR stays fit, he knows where the net is if nothing else. Also, Nevitt is bound to score at some point and then there is the inevitable goals from Tabs and others in the team.
    Don't forget that we also have Evans and Holicek (hopefully) available.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast