+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Mc

Return of the Mc

Well, not posted in a while but had to share the news somewhere. Just seen Tony Doc coming out of Cormack Park. No sign of McInnes although interestingly the odds have just shortened massively on him and he is now favourite with the bookies to become next manager. Something's brewing...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBoyAfc View Post
    Well, not posted in a while but had to share the news somewhere. Just seen Tony Doc coming out of Cormack Park. No sign of McInnes although interestingly the odds have just shortened massively on him and he is now favourite with the bookies to become next manager. Something's brewing...
    Name:  McInnes.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  9.6 KB

The sheer boredom of his first tenure wasn't enough was it?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No doubt first signing will be Considine on a 4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Not that I’m particularly wanting McInnes to return as manager but has it been any less boring since he left?

I can’t even recall it being exciting before he came in under McGhee and Brown.

The only way I can see it being less boring is if you prefer us finishing in the bottom 6 and find it boring finishing 3rd or 4th.

At the same time it would show how much of a a shambles we have become if the best we can do is bring him back 2 years after sacking him.

The only thing worse than that would be appointing Lennon.

I doubt he would come back and it never usually pans out well.
    For the record I wouldn't want him back.

I just hope some sort of announcement is made soon, so all this tedious shyte about our next manager just stops.

He was on a ridiculous salary as well.

Nah, boring bästard.
    Lennon would be worse though.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not that I’m particularly wanting McInnes to return as manager but has it been any less boring since he left?

I can’t even recall it being exciting before he came in under McGhee and Brown.

The only way I can see it being less boring is if you prefer us finishing in the bottom 6 and find it boring finishing 3rd or 4th.

At the same time it would show how much of a a shambles we have become if the best we can do is bring him back 2 years after sacking him.

The only thing worse than that would be appointing Lennon.
    Both Glass and Goodwin initially tried to play expansive football- the problem was they never had the defensive players to do that who were good enough- how many 5 goal games were there at Pittodrie at the start of the season
    How many times under McInnes did we get 1-0 up then game management would start rather than trying to score another goal?
    Normally the defensive subs would take place around the 60th minute
    After the first couple of seasons, bringing in players like Stockley and Cosgrove you knew the long ball was the default setting and really was poor fare. Just because we won more than lost, it was grim.

While I wouldn’t want any of the 3 back at Pittodrie, he knew how to beat the other also-rans in the league hence the 3rd or 4th place in a poor league

No. Jist ... no!

He did good for a wee while, but even when the sheep were 'On Fire' ... we still wanted better ... and we still want better now.

Ah'd be happier givin' Robson the rest o' the season - even if results are less than favourable - than takin McInnes back simply because Glass and Goodwin were no better.

So far, Robson has done no worse. Let's nae panic. The right guy might jist become available if we're patient.

One game at a time ... Joot next up .. COYR!

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Both Glass and Goodwin initially tried to play expansive football- the problem was they never had the defensive players to do that who were good enough- how many 5 goal games were there at Pittodrie at the start of the season
    How many times under McInnes did we get 1-0 up then game management would start rather than trying to score another goal?
    Normally the defensive subs would take place around the 60th minute
    After the first couple of seasons, bringing in players like Stockley and Cosgrove you knew the long ball was the default setting and really was poor fare. Just because we won more than lost, it was grim.

While I wouldn’t want any of the 3 back at Pittodrie, he knew how to beat the other also-rans in the league hence the 3rd or 4th place in a poor league
    I just don’t find it particularly entertaining watching the likes of Declan Gallagher and Anthony Stewart pass the ball back and forth to the goalkeeper and other defenders.

It was good at the start of this season with the amount of goals we were scoring but it wasn’t exactly like watching the 1970 Brazil team.

If the last 2 seasons have shown anything it’s that you won’t get any where trying to play football in the SPFL,especially away from home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast