+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction League - Tottenham

Traore with a great finish to put Wolves up.

Thought Jimenez doubled the lead (would have been first goal by any Wolves striker in a year) but was offsides.

4 minutes of stoppage

Wolves finish the game out and secure the 3 points. With Bournemouth giving up the 0-2 lead to lose, Wolves are now 5 points clear of the muck

Brilliant brilliant result.

Under so much pressure first half, played better second half.

Get in.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I am not doing very well with my predictions this year, very poor in fact.

Wolves 1 Spurs 0
    Ait Nouri
    Nice one George!

It has been said many times before, "A game of Two Halves." Well this certainly was. Spurs started fast and dominated the first half, but we defended well. Lemina had Kane in his pocket, Dawson was Dawson and Sar looked back to his best. A bad injury was sustained by Costa and Kilman received another blow to his already broken nose. The delays saw an extra eight minutes added on to the first half.

The Manager made several changes at half time and it was a different Wolves that took to the turf. There was an urgency, the side pressed and put Tottenham under pressure. It is rare to see two referees on the pitch at the same time , however, someone pointed out to me that one was in fact Harry Kane. He really is a despicable human being, covering his mouth as he tried to control the ref. I have never considered Spurs to be a 'Dirty' side but they certainly managed to get away with numerous snide tackles.

The deserved goal was greeted by a really loud roar and Adama was mobbed by his team mates before he ran over to Lopetegui and gave him a bear hug. I must admit that I thought we were really in danger of relegation as half time loomed, but the second half took that feeling away and the results went for us over the weekend.

Newcastle will be hard next Sunday but we were in seconds of beating them at Molineux early in the season. A win is not impossible but a point would be good.

Abbobrom, thanks for your welcome evaluation of our much needed win. Although I thought it was a good team effort in the second half, the standout for me was Jimenez who never stopped seeking to score a goal or provide the opportunity for others to do likewise. If only he can continue to play like he did against Spurs then, perhaps, he might yet find a place in Jolo's short term plans for the future.....just hoping is all, cos I still like the lad . Lemina too is worthy of special mention.

Spot on Grizz.

The transformation first to second half was amazing, Lemina’s baffling halftime substitution fully justified by the final whistle!

In fairness to Kane who was getting pelters all game from the South Bank he is Spurs Vice Captain, with Lloris Spurs GK as Captain, so as an outfield player it’s up to Kane to be the one in the Refs ear…In fairness Ruben is constantly talking to the Ref as our Captain, it’s just part of the game.

As Grizz says that was Rauls best performance since his injury, hopefully a turning point for him and if it leads to a contract extension I’ll be comfortable with that!

Completely forgot to predict this one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)