+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: D4Life e mail

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Oh aye ye warmonger.......what's your next trick invading Ukraine. 😄😄😄
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    just really irritates me rros that we as fans are accepting this muck
    Was hoping that would change and why I joined D4l....I had a wee bit hope, AGM I had a wee bit more......I'm now back at square one.

Nelms is no good for DFC, might turn out to be the best retail park developer the world has ever seen but leader of an historic football club that means so much to so many.....nah ......but everyone should feel blessed if he sends " his man in Gardyne " to have a chat.

Don't rock the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    what really really irritates me is that we as fans sit doing zero squat whilst our own fans need to queue for a tkt and missing large chunks of the game when the opposition fans have a pay at the gate when our requests for one goes on empty ears.

well what are we dfc fans going to do about it?
    a)accept it? this appears to be the cosy route not rocking the boat
    or
    b)support our fellow fans and give the message that we may just withhold season tkt until our fans get treated the same as away fans,i want to be clear that im not mentioning the boycott word just supporting our own fans,

nelms has to realise with the cost of living escalating hugely then it may be the case fans who have supported the club for 5 or 6 decades may have to pick when they can attend over the outlay of a season tkt(not always possible to do anything other than just turn up on matchday)

ffs can you imagine any club turning away their own fans?if any dee fan is willing to accept fellows fans being treated by our own club in this way then the baa is well burst

c)the day and hr any of our organisations from d4l / dsa / slo are prepared to ask the question and accept a NO PATG for home fans in this current climate is the day they should just roll over and give up!!!!surely thats the easiest battle in the world to win and question's have to be asked why we are standing by watching away fans being afforded a patg and not our own fans? sometimes in life you need to step up to the mark and say that is not right and we need to do something about it.----------makes me sick that organisations are meekly accepting getting told no whatever happened to the DDYB spirit,appalling
    I have just noticed your post as on a Sunday I try to keep off my computer and spend the day reading my Sunday Times newspaper.
    You will not be aware of this but at the Dee4life board of directors meeting on Tuesday 13th December 2022 I asked that the Dee4life board of directors contact Greg Fenton, General Manager of Dundee Football Club to ask him why there were to be cash turnstiles for Arbroath supporters in the Bob Shankly Stand for Arbroath FC supporters at the home game on Monday 2nd January 2023 but not for Dundee supporters sitting in the home stands.
    Some of my fellow directors were very reluctant to contact Greg Fenton as they wanted to contact the SLO, John Burke to ask this question on their behalf.
    These directors appeared to want to hide behind the SLO instead of raising their concerns directly with Greg Fenton.
    This in my opinion was another case of making bullets for someone else to fire.
    The Dee4life secretary RD was tasked to get in touch with the SLO.
    In the event RD did not get in touch with the SLO until ten days after the meeting on 23rd December 2022.
    The SLO immediately contacted Greg Fenton but he received an ‘out of office’ reply that Dundee Football Club was closed for the Christmas holiday and the offices would reopen on Wednesday 28th December 2022 at 9am.
    I know that the SLO drove the Club’s offices on the morning of Wednesday 28th December 2022 to speak to Greg Fenton about the lack of cash turnstiles for Dundee supporters sitting in the home stands on Monday 2nd January 2023 but there were cash turnstiles in the Bob Shankly Stand for Arbroath FC supporters.
    The SLO had no success in persuading Greg Fenton to open cash turnstiles in the Main Stand and Bobby Cox Stand resulting in yourself and hundreds of other people standing in a long queue outside the Dundee FC ticket office trying to purchase a ticket for the Arbroath game before the start of the game.
    I do not understand why the Police Scotland officer in charge of the Arbroath game did not take Greg Fenton at least half an hour before the 3pm kickoff to see the long queue outside the Dundee FC ticket office for himself and instructed Greg to immediately get a cash turnstile opened in the Main Stand.
    I received an email from RD on 3rd January 2023 advising me when he had contacted the SLO and Greg Fenton’s refusal to open cash turnstiles in the home stands for this game.
    I raised the matter at the matter at the next Dee4life board of directors meeting on Monday 16th January 2023 and I asked RD why he had taken so long to contact the SLO.
    RD replied that there was still plenty of time on 23rd December 2022 for the SLO to contact Greg Fenton to raise my concerns about the lack of cash turnstiles in the home stands whilst there were to be cash turnstiles in the Bob Shankly Stand for Arbroath FC supporters.
    This is totally wrong as there was only THREE working days from 23rd December 2022 until the Arbroath game on Monday 2nd January 2023.
    In hindsight I should have contacted the SLO myself as soon as I discovered that there were to be cash turnstiles for Arbroath supporters but not for Dundee supporters instead of raising the matter at the Dee4life board of directors on Tuesday 13th December 2022.
    PS Deeranged I have not forgotten about replying to your post.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 06-03-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Was hoping that would change and why I joined D4l....I had a wee bit hope, AGM I had a wee bit more......I'm now back at square one.

Nelms is no good for DFC, might turn out to be the best retail park developer the world has ever seen but leader of an historic football club that means so much to so many.....nah ......but everyone should feel blessed if he sends " his man in Gardyne " to have a chat.

Don't rock the boat.
    The Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited Directors John Nelms and Tim Keyes should take a leaf out of ICT’s book and convert their Campy Nou site into a solar panel array.
    The Campy Nou site would be ideal for the installation of solar panels especially as it is south facing and providing they greatly reduced the height of the overgrown trees on the boundary beside the Kingsway bypass of Dundee the sun would be able to shine on the solar panels during the winter months.
    I cannot not see Green List MSP Ms Maggie Champman objecting to the trees on western boundary next to Camperdown Park being reduced in height especially as these solar panels are helping save the planet.
    US President Joe Biden who is keen to prevent Climate Change would be very impressed that two American born citizens were prepared to construct solar panels on a green field site they own instead of building a new stadium development plus luxury housing on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    What happened?
    Now I will tell you what happened and why it happened.
    I will probably have to divide this post into two parts.
    Part 1.
    At a Dee4life board of directors meeting in July/early August 2022 it was decided to donate a framed strip to Alison McQueen of Dee Promotions to raffle to raise funds for Dee Promotions.
    Several directors (not me) decided to donate an unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip. I would have donated a framed Paul McGowan or Darren O’Dea strip.
    Alison could not get anyone to enter the raffle and the Dee4life board of directors were asked to make arrangements to collect their unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip.
    I was not surprised about this as framed Dundee FC strips are now ten a penny.
    I had previously volunteered to collect the Josh Meekings strip as being retired I had a lot more time on my hands that someone who was working.
    I received an email from the Dee4life secretary advising late on the evening of Thursday 6th October 2022 that the framed unsigned Josh Meekings strip was ready for collection in the Dundee Football Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    I was busy on the following morning and at 2pm on Friday 7th October 2022 I phoned the Club, selecting Option 5 which was General Enquiries. I received a recorded message advising that the inbox for this option was full and no further messages could be left.
    I phoned again and this time selected Option 3 which was Commercial.
    On this occasion the phone was answered.
    I explained who I was and that I had been advised to contact the Club to make arrangements to uplift the unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip as soon as possible.
    I then spoke to a person called Rachel who I assume is Rachel Strachan the Commercial and Marketing executive employed by Dundee Football Club.
    She was very helpful and I arranged to come for the framed strip at about 3pm as I was still eating my lunch.
    When Norrie Price and Gary Cocker had their meeting around 6th July 2022 with John Nelms and Greg Fenton they were given a tour of the offices currently being used by Dundee Football Club players and staff at the Gardyne Campus.
    I decided that I would ask if I could also have a tour of the new offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    On arrival at the reception desk of the Club’s offices I introduced myself and explained to the young gentleman on the desk that I had come to meet Rachel to pick up the unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip.

Part 2.
    Rachel arrived at the Reception Desk and I introduced myself.
    I asked Rachel if it was possible that I could have a tour of their offices but if it was not possible then it was not the end of the world.
    Rachel arranged for the young gentleman on the reception desk who was called Nathan to take the tour.
    Nathan was a perfect gentleman and a credit to Dundee Football Club.
    At the end of the tour which was a suite of offices I picked up the unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip which weighed a ton, thanked Nathan for taking tour and left the building to return to my car in the Gardyne Campus large car park.
    The following morning Saturday 9th October 2022 Greg Fenton sent an email to Gary Cocker, Secretary of Dee4life stating that I had been rude to several members of staff when I was having my tour.
    I was flabbergasted when I read Greg Fenton’s email which stated that the matter could be discussed further with him at the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    Greg Fenton’s email was a pack of lies and bore no resemblance to what had taken place on my tour.
    I was advised to forget about Greg Fenton’s email and just pour myself a large malt.
    If I was going to pour myself anything it would have been a large OVD and lemonade.
    However I was furious and I had no intention of forgetting about Greg Fenton’s email.
    On 7th December 2022 a letter was received by the Dee4life board of directors in reply to an email they had sent to every Dundee Football Club Limited Director plus the Company Secretary and the Club Secretary.
    The person sending the letter did not sign their name but instead signed the letter Dundee Football Club Ltd.
    I believe that the letter was signed by John Nelms.
    I was very concerned about a paragraph in the letter which stated “DFCSS Director Douglas Tott barged into the Club’s offices demanding a tour of the facility and verbally chastising the staff throughout the tour”.
    This is a total pack of lies and I can prove it.
    Unlike Greg Fenton and I assume John Nelms I had a witness who came with me to collect the unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip and was with me when we had our tour of Dundee Football Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    It was my wife.
    When I read out to my wife what Greg Fenton stated in his email she told me that if I had been rude to any members of the Dundee Football Club staff she would have promptly chastised me and told me to apologise to the person concerned which never happened.
    My wife was furious when I read out to her what the unknown person who signed the letter dated 7th December 2022.
    She said that I NEVER barged into the Club’s offices demanding a tour of the facility and I did NOT verbally chastise the staff throughout the tour.
    Both Greg Fenton and the person who wrote the letter on 7th December 2022 who I assume is John Nelms crossed a Red Line for me when they stated in their respective email and a letter a pack of lies about our tour of the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus on Friday 7th October 2022.
    I would be interested to know if the Club have CCTV at the entrance to their offices at the Gardyne Campus for the afternoon of Friday 7th October 2022 as it would make interesting viewing.
    I sent an email to all my fellow Dee4life directors explaining what really happened when we had our tour and not the lies stated in the letter dated 7th December 2022 of which they all received a copy.
    I only received emails from the Dee4life Chairman and Finance Director commiserating with me and hoping that I was not too shaken up by the contents of the letter.
    I did not receive an email from any of the other Dee4life directors which makes me think that they are more interested in not upsetting John Nelms than they are about one of their fellow Dee4life directors being upset by lies in the email from Greg Fenton and the letter from ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’ dated 7th December 2022.

Thanks for the in depth explanation Islay. After your part 1 in my mind I had formed an up front version of what you were going to say in part 2 had happened but that wasn't it, seems to be not far off it mind. I suspect there was a good element of what I surmised involved.

John Nelms doesn't like Dee4Life and he doesn't like you, and in saying that I don't think I'm telling you anything you didn't already know. I suspect you were perfectly polite as you describe (I don't know you but you don't exactly hurl abuse on here despite everything), however I also suspect that because you didn't ask in advance for a quick tour of the facilities, and because two perfectly amenable members of his staff were happy to help you out, somebody's nose was put out of joint and that person possibly directed his lackie to send the email. That person would then of course always follow up such an email with a formal letter in order that he can 'deduct smarty points' from Dee4Life - I can see this being cast up by him and held against Dee4Life for some time because when he gets something he doesn't let it go but will drain every bit of benefit he can from it.

I reckon you were just unlucky that you saw an opportunity, met two nice people but fell victim to a nasty person. I actually feel a bit sorry for you, I would know not to ask for that tour without advance notice but you clearly didn't. You're not the first person this type of thing has happened to and you won't be the last. I also suspect the two members of staff will have been reprimanded for being nice to you.

What a way to treat a long standing customer though. Beggars belief.

How could Dee Promotions not get anyone to enter a raffle for a framed strip?
    What did they do to try? How dod they advertise it?
    This is nonsense
    It could have been a decent raffle prize at the recent race night for example.
    A raffle at 1 or 2 pound per ticket would have absolutely sold
    or a bonus ball for 1 or 2 quid would sell and raise 50 - 100 pound.
    This is utter bollox from dee promotions

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Part 2.
    Rachel arrived at the Reception Desk and I introduced myself.
    I asked Rachel if it was possible that I could have a tour of their offices but if it was not possible then it was not the end of the world.
    Rachel arranged for the young gentleman on the reception desk who was called Nathan to take the tour.
    Nathan was a perfect gentleman and a credit to Dundee Football Club.
    At the end of the tour which was a suite of offices I picked up the unsigned framed Josh Meekings strip which weighed a ton, thanked Nathan for taking tour and left the building to return to my car in the Gardyne Campus large car park.
    The following morning Saturday 9th October 2022 Greg Fenton sent an email to Gary Cocker, Secretary of Dee4life stating that I had been rude to several members of staff when I was having my tour.
    I was flabbergasted when I read Greg Fenton’s email which stated that the matter could be discussed further with him at the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    Greg Fenton’s email was a pack of lies and bore no resemblance to what had taken place on my tour.
    I was advised to forget about Greg Fenton’s email and just pour myself a large malt.
    If I was going to pour myself anything it would have been a large OVD and lemonade.
    However I was furious and I had no intention of forgetting about Greg Fenton’s email.
    On 7th December 2022 a letter was received by the Dee4life board of directors in reply to an email they had sent to every Dundee Football Club Limited Director plus the Company Secretary and the Club Secretary.
    The person sending the letter did not sign their name but instead signed the letter Dundee Football Club Ltd.
    I believe that the letter was signed by John Nelms.
    I was very concerned about a paragraph in the letter which stated “DFCSS Director Douglas Tott barged into the Club’s offices demanding a tour of the facility and verbally chastising the staff throughout the tour”.
    This is a total pack of lies and I can prove it.
    Unlike Greg Fenton and I assume John Nelms I had a witness who came with me to collect the unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip and was with me when we had our tour of Dundee Football Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus.
    It was my wife.
    When I read out to my wife what Greg Fenton stated in his email she told me that if I had been rude to any members of the Dundee Football Club staff she would have promptly chastised me and told me to apologise to the person concerned which never happened.
    My wife was furious when I read out to her what the unknown person who signed the letter dated 7th December 2022.
    She said that I NEVER barged into the Club’s offices demanding a tour of the facility and I did NOT verbally chastise the staff throughout the tour.
    Both Greg Fenton and the person who wrote the letter on 7th December 2022 who I assume is John Nelms crossed a Red Line for me when they stated in their respective email and a letter a pack of lies about our tour of the Club’s offices at the Gardyne Campus on Friday 7th October 2022.
    I would be interested to know if the Club have CCTV at the entrance to their offices at the Gardyne Campus for the afternoon of Friday 7th October 2022 as it would make interesting viewing.
    I sent an email to all my fellow Dee4life directors explaining what really happened when we had our tour and not the lies stated in the letter dated 7th December 2022 of which they all received a copy.
    I only received emails from the Dee4life Chairman and Finance Director commiserating with me and hoping that I was not too shaken up by the contents of the letter.
    I did not receive an email from any of the other Dee4life directors which makes me think that they are more interested in not upsetting John Nelms than they are about one of their fellow Dee4life directors being upset by lies in the email from Greg Fenton and the letter from ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’ dated 7th December 2022.
    Bet his Heid was spinning when he found oot.

More importantly what did you have for lunch in part 1, not like your posts to lack important detail.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Thanks for the in depth explanation Islay. After your part 1 in my mind I had formed an up front version of what you were going to say in part 2 had happened but that wasn't it, seems to be not far off it mind. I suspect there was a good element of what I surmised involved.

John Nelms doesn't like Dee4Life and he doesn't like you, and in saying that I don't think I'm telling you anything you didn't already know. I suspect you were perfectly polite as you describe (I don't know you but you don't exactly hurl abuse on here despite everything), however I also suspect that because you didn't ask in advance for a quick tour of the facilities, and because two perfectly amenable members of his staff were happy to help you out, somebody's nose was put out of joint and that person possibly directed his lackie to send the email. That person would then of course always follow up such an email with a formal letter in order that he can 'deduct smarty points' from Dee4Life - I can see this being cast up by him and held against Dee4Life for some time because when he gets something he doesn't let it go but will drain every bit of benefit he can from it.

I reckon you were just unlucky that you saw an opportunity, met two nice people but fell victim to a nasty person. I actually feel a bit sorry for you, I would know not to ask for that tour without advance notice but you clearly didn't. You're not the first person this type of thing has happened to and you won't be the last. I also suspect the two members of staff will have been reprimanded for being nice to you.

What a way to treat a long standing customer though. Beggars belief.
    Hi Deeranged,
    Thank you for your post.
    I am still furious about the email from Greg Fenton and the letter signed Dundee Football Club Ltd.
    I would have been delighted to tell all the Dee4life members in the Q & A section of the Dee4life AGM last November about Greg Fenton’s email regarding our tour but I knew that it was a non starter because a majority of Dee4life directors do not want to upset John Nelms at all costs.
    As a result I could not go public until I had resigned as a Dee4life director and got rid of the shackles which have been holding me back.
    My wife was delighted when I told her that I had resigned as a Dee4life director as she was fed up hearing me speaking about Dee4life and Dundee Football Club.
    Today she told me that she wishes that I had never become a Dee4life director in the first place.
    So do I as I was happy being an Dee4life official volunteer and keeping my head under the radar.

Bet his Heid was spinning when he found oot.

More importantly what did you have for lunch in part 1, not like your posts to lack important detail.��
    It was a roll with spread, a slice of corned beef and two slices of Cheddar cheese plus a piece of Brie and a couple of cherry tomatoes.
    This was followed by a piece of tray bake made by my wife and a cup of coffee.
    I was not missing my lunch to go for an unsigned Josh Meekings framed strip which had what looked like it had a backing of MDF wood.
    No wonder it weighed a ton.
    Incidentally when my wife and I were waiting for Rachel to organise our tour I noticed John Nelms coming out of an office. He strode past us, ignoring us and walked into his office where he shut his office door behind him.
    This was very disappointing as I thought that Nelms might have stopped and asked if anyone was dealing with us.
    On 18th December 2013 I had a tour of Dens Park with Pat Liney as my tour guide.
    We had a cup of tea during the tour and after we had finished our cup of tea I took our cups back to the small kitchen to wash and dry them.
    Scot Gardiner was in the kitchen making himself a cup of coffee.
    I introduced myself to Scot Gardiner and I told him that Pat Liney was giving me a tour of Dens Park.
    Scot Gardiner was very nice and he was happy to speak to me unlike our current managing director!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)