+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dancing to an Arab's Toon.

Dancing to an Arab's Toon.

The $hit is about to hit the fan(s) at NUFC, it's just been revealed the Saudi government own it after all.

The 19 other clubs are kicking up a fuss...

"The Premier League are not commenting on an argument made by Public Investment Fund [PIF] in a US court that they are a “sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, a position that would appear to contradict the reasons given for approving the controversial takeover of Newcastle United in October 2021."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2292308.html

Just another worm in the PL can of worms. The whole of top level football is rotten to the core with corruption. It's so bad you could even imagine Qatar being granted a winter World Cup, although I know I'm exaggerating there, it can't be that corrupt can it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just another worm in the PL can of worms. The whole of top level football is rotten to the core with corruption. It's so bad you could even imagine Qatar being granted a winter World Cup, although I know I'm exaggerating there, it can't be that corrupt can it.
    I know we are romping away with the Championship but do we really need to go back to this EPL corrupt $hitfest?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The $hit is about to hit the fan(s) at NUFC, it's just been revealed the Saudi government own it after all.

The 19 other clubs are kicking up a fuss...

"The Premier League are not commenting on an argument made by Public Investment Fund [PIF] in a US court that they are a “sovereign instrumentality of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, a position that would appear to contradict the reasons given for approving the controversial takeover of Newcastle United in October 2021."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2292308.html
    Well what a surprise. Everyone and their aunt knew the reality at the time, except for the gormless idiots who approve these things.

Heaven forfend that they may have increased their own personal wealth after approving the deal. That would be unheard of - bribery at the top levels of football. Never heard of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Well what a surprise. Everyone and their aunt knew the reality at the time, except for the gormless idiots who approve these things.

Heaven forfend that they may have increased their own personal wealth after approving the deal. That would be unheard of - bribery at the top levels of football. Never heard of such a thing.
    Your lot are the global masters of the dark arts of money machinations S-C.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32912533

I think I prefer the dubious methods of the Arab owners to the magical method our American owners used. They 'buy' a club that has £50 million in the bank, and when the next balance sheet comes out, it's loaded with over £100 million of debt. Dark arts indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think I prefer the dubious methods of the Arab owners to the magical method our American owners used. They 'buy' a club that has £50 million in the bank, and when the next balance sheet comes out, it's loaded with over £100 million of debt. Dark arts indeed.
    I'm not sure they would cut your hands off for nicking a chocolate bar from your local off-licence though mon ami. (Whoops no off-licences!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Your lot are the global masters of the dark arts of money machinations S-C.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32912533
    I agree BT, along with many others. Switzerland is always slow to change - women only got the vote in the 1970’s.

I am not defending the country by pointing out that, according to the OECD, more money is laundered through New York and London every day than through the likes of Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

However, much work has been done in the past decade and much remains to be done. Sadly, from my experience in the financial world the crooks are invariably one step ahead. The Financial regulators and the industry is always at least one step behind.

yet another WTF moment of madness, this was known, was reported at the time, on here even........it a Sovereign wealth fund with a gov.sa address under the "chairmanship and guidance of HRH Prince Mohammad bin Salman".

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

yet another WTF moment of madness, this was known, was reported at the time, on here even........it a Sovereign wealth fund with a gov.sa address under the "chairmanship and guidance of HRH Prince Mohammad bin Salman".

Exactly Norder. Even a blind man could see it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)