+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Beatles’ latest single - ‘Now and Then’ - released later today. Never expected to say that again. 53 years between single recordings...in personal terms from ‘O’ levels to approaching 70. Must be some sort of (pun unavoidable) record.
    3 o'clock CET it's being launched so 2PM your end. I shall tune in to a radio station and have a listen. A small "teaser" has been aired already and, most unfortunately, it didn't rock my boat. Hopefully the full version is somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    3 o'clock CET it's being launched so 2PM your end. I shall tune in to a radio station and have a listen. A small "teaser" has been aired already and, most unfortunately, it didn't rock my boat. Hopefully the full version is somewhat better.
    Liam Gallagher has called it ‘biblical, celestial, heartbreaking and heartwarming’. As usual the truth is somewhere between his hyperbole and your honesty.
    Personally, I like it...a lot, but I have to admit it’s difficult to separate objectivity and sentiment seeing as the Beatles were a huge part of my musical upbringing...and I agree that it’s ‘heartwarming’.
    Aren’t the Stones at the top of the album charts at the moment? Maybe we’ve all teleported back to the sixties somehow and Derby are only a handful of years from winning the league again.

Hauntingly melodious. It wouldn't have sounded amiss on the Magical Mystery Tour Album, IMO. The teaser didn't do the song any justice whatsoever. I like it.

Not that it's a copy of the song but some of the string parts had me thinking immediately of I am the Walrus as this new one is, whilst being a slower tempo, of a similar style.

If only, I'd be young and randy again, you know a bit like this🤑

That's in reply to rA's transportation back to the sixties!
    Certainly better than the taster, like it!

it’s difficult to separate objectivity and sentiment seeing as the Beatles were a huge part of my musical upbringing...and I agree that it’s ‘heartwarming’.
    I have no such problem as the Beatles didn’t feature in mine. It’s dull, differing opinions respected as always though

Heard it and thought Meh, there's a reason its never been released before

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I have no such problem as the Beatles didn’t feature in mine. It’s dull, differing opinions respected as always though
    They may not have featured directly ‘young’ Andrew...but I’d be surprised if they haven’t been a major influence.

Sith...first no time for cricket and now the Beatles!!! What’s goin’ on?

Beatles’ latest single - ‘Now and Then’ - released later today. Never expected to say that again. 53 years between single recordings...in personal terms from ‘O’ levels to approaching 70. Must be some sort of (pun unavoidable) record.
    OK lets work with this a little bit. I listened and thought "Its OK but nothing more". Not my usual reaction to a Beatles song, but times and musical tastes move on. Then I heard some of the more current rap ets stuff being played by my son and thought "this is a work of genius". Its all relative.

Then I got to thinking. 53 years between singles? Bo**ocks it is - "Free as a Bird" was a Beatles single released in December 1995. I believe it charted well in both the UK and USA as well as other countries. A year later "Real Love" was released as a Beatles single

They may not have featured directly ‘young’ Andrew...but I’d be surprised if they haven’t been a major influence.

Sith...first no time for cricket and now the Beatles!!! What’s goin’ on?
    Bit before my time, I do like some of their songs but as oldies go there are other artists I'd listen to more. I really like strawberry fields but it would probably depress you to know which cover version I prefer to the original

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)