+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It is indeed, to discover early Floyd which I had rarely heard played live I was very impressed with the band, Syd Barret was a genius if a little flawed poor chap. Some brilliant musicians including Gary Kemp of Spandau Ballet, fame, a **** hot guitarist and Guy Pratt a very good bassist.
    Absolutely regarding Gary Kemp, and for that matter the rest of the band. I re-read his autobiography and (both of) his brother's tomes on holiday, interesting reading as a whole coming from one guy who clearly has talent and another whoknows how lucky he was to be dragged along in his sibling's wake

Not bought but reacquainted with: Sitting outside with my morning coffee (yes in Derby, its gorgeous in the sun) listening to Danko Manuel by Jason Isbell, a song I think I've mentioned on here before.

As a result of being ‘snowed in’ and choosing not to watch MoTD last night I flicked around and stumbled across a little bit of Dusty Springfield.
    The song being played at the time was ‘Goin’ Back’ - another great Carole King song, one of my all time favourites, but one which I’d always associated with one of my all time favourite bands...The Byrds.
    Been fortunate enough to see the Byrds a couple of time and Roger McGuinn too on a couple of other occasions. For me ‘Goin’ Back’ is completely synonymous with the Byrds at their magnificent best, but I have to admit I’ve never heard a better version than that belonging to Dusty Springfield last night. Major surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Absolutely regarding Gary Kemp, and for that matter the rest of the band. I re-read his autobiography and (both of) his brother's tomes on holiday, interesting reading as a whole coming from one guy who clearly has talent and another whoknows how lucky he was to be dragged along in his sibling's wake
    I haven't read that I must look it out.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I haven't read that I must look it out.
    Some of all three books are a bit lightweight and it helped (me) to know a bit about the acrimony in Spandau Ballet from ‘the other side’

Newest buy, Johnny Wyatt, This thing called love. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIX1bXf518

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Newest buy, Johnny Wyatt, This thing called love. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUIX1bXf518
    A belter but a bit fast for me even back in the day

A belter but a bit fast for me even back in the day
    Love it. Been after a copy for years. Usually goes for around 150+, more than I will pay for a record. I remain below 3 figures. Got this for 62 on eBay. Profit.... if I ever sell.

the profit comes from playing it IMO

the profit comes from playing it IMO
    As I'm no spring chicken..... there will come a time when I unload most of my vinyl and my gigging gear. For no other reason than it was paid for out of "FAMILY FUNDS" and I can get more for the family than they could when selling up after my eventual demise. Social to the end

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)