+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    As I'm no spring chicken..... there will come a time when I unload most of my vinyl and my gigging gear. For no other reason than it was paid for out of "FAMILY FUNDS" and I can get more for the family than they could when selling up after my eventual demise. Social to the end
    Fair go. Maybe I mean THE VALUE comes from playing it, the profit comes later

Currently, because its my 'job' as editor, I'm listening to a bit of psychobilly, specifically The Guanabatz. God my ears hurt

The value, for me, is indeed in the playing of the vinyl. Both at home and out gigging. 70 next year. That might be the year to sell and buy myself that MG TD I always wanted. Recouping the cash on that would be easy going for the family. Selling stuff on eBay, Discogs etc takes time and effort. Selling the lot to a dealer would see about 6K coming in. They'd sell for around 15K. Doing it myself would bring in more and keep me busy.

I do read occasionally of people saying they're going for cremation and want their collection in the coffin with them. Genuinely their vinyl resting place.

This afternoon's 2 LPs

Timi Yuro - Something bad on my mind

Young Hearts - Sweet Soul Shakin'

Nice and slow, laid back, chillin' sounds.

Possibly another one rA might have a liking for,but then again I can't think why anyone wouldn't like it:

just popped upon my youtube playlist: Van Morrison, Astral Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Possibly another one rA might have a liking for,but then again I can't think why anyone wouldn't like it:

just popped upon my youtube playlist: Van Morrison, Astral Weeks
    An all time favourite, AF. Seen him several times...grumpy (I was going to add ‘old git’, but the first time I saw him was fifty years ago and he was grumpy then) but brilliant.

You have much in common rA, save that he is brilliant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    You have much in common rA, save that he is brilliant!!
    Thanks, GP. You’re a lovely fella!
    He’s also a rather older grumpy old git...approaching 78 now. The first time I saw him he must have only been 28 (I was still at school) and even then he walked off stage at the FTH in Manchester and refused to return until people stopped taking photographs.
    Temperamental genius!

As an antidote to Peterborough I went to the Derby Arema last night to see The Illegal Eagles. A great show, especially as they did two Joe Walsh songs.

Following a good England win and then an inglorious pummelling for Holland and defeat at Posh, I've listened to a mixed bag this morning. The Voices of East Harlem LP of the same name, Wilson Pickett's Greatest Hits and Randy Newman's "Sail Away" album. Joe Jackson live coming up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As an antidote to Peterborough I went to the Derby Arema last night to see The Illegal Eagles. A great show, especially as they did two Joe Walsh songs.
    Rocky Mountain Way and Turn to Stone??

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)