+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Music. Gigs. Sounds bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Rocky Mountain Way and Turn to Stone??
    Rocky Mountain Way and Life’s Been Good which they totally nailed, it’s a tricky song I’ve heard murdered many times including by bands I was in…

Been listening to a lot of sid and susie and susanna hoffs recently on my Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Been listening to a lot of sid and susie and susanna hoffs recently on my Spotify.
    Not familiar with this combo so I’ll check em out later.

Lots of covers....

Lots of covers....
    under them, some great covers, I don't know and different drum are great

Im not usually a huge fan of cover versions, but some just hit the spot perfectly. UB40's Red Red Wine, Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiO13jTsBdQ

but it features Warren Hayes so its not really that much of a surprise that I love it. Not many bands have had 4 guitarists in the Rolling Stone all time 100 best guitarists, but the Allman Bros have

oh and I forgot Disturbed version of Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence

but it features Warren Hayes so its not really that much of a surprise that I love it. Not many bands have had 4 guitarists in the Rolling Stone all time 100 best guitarists, but the Allman Bros have
    Then this https://youtu.be/7_0TNvORsJk may well be a rare occasion rA you and I agree on something. IMO no-one does Van as well as Van, here the Allmans at least have a good pop at it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Then this https://youtu.be/7_0TNvORsJk may well be a rare occasion rA you and I agree on something. IMO no-one does Van as well as Van, here the Allmans at least have a good pop at it
    Love the Allman Brothers...love Van...well his music at least. Saw them once within hours of each other...separated only by the Doobie Brothers, if memory serves, at the first ever Knebworth (nearly 49 years ago!?)....and I always agree with you, AF...when you talk sense.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-03-2023 at 06:25 PM.

On the subject of covers, here's a song that gets the "original vinyl only" brigade's knickers in a twist. Gone with the wind is my love. Generally understood on the soul scene to be by Rita and the Tiaras. IMO a very good song and a good midtempo dancer. Is it or isn't it the original, though? It was certainly the first version issued, of that there is no doubt. However, a couple of months before the Rita version was recorded, the song was recorded by Gloria Jones, also with the Tiaras as the backing group. That wasn't released at the time because Gloria "didn't like the sound of her voice" on that track. It was Gloria who suggested to Rita (Rita Graham) she should give the song a go. Rita liked the recording as did the recording company, Dore. It was released in 1967. Rereleased in 1979 on Destiny (I have that version). In 2012, Gloria's version was finally released on Soul Purpose (which I also have). The original recording but not the first release. On the occasions I've played the song out, it's been Gloria's version because I prefer it.

I've not even attempted to buy the Dore version of "Rita", simply because it's very rare and a quality copy comes in at around £4K these days.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)