+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What kind of send off does Richard Wood deserve?

What kind of send off does Richard Wood deserve?

Assuming, Taylor doesn't offer our Captain Fantastic a new contract at the end of the season, what kind of send off would you like to see Woody receive?

I hope not but it might only be his bus fare to Harrogate. Should be at least the taxi fare. A great servant but a crying shame if he doesn’t get a testimonial.

He's presided over some of our best years, at least in my time as a Millers and made some glorious memories. Testimonial or game of honour in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    He's presided over some of our best years, at least in my time as a Millers and made some glorious memories. Testimonial or game of honour in my opinion.
    Pup, testimonials are for 10 years or more so, a game of honour sounds very commendable and a great idea!

Still time for him to play ?

Last minute winner at Wigan to keep us up would be apt.

If safe by last home game of the season he can either play or come on and get the adulation he deserves. However, lots of football to play yet. Combine that with our injury record with defenders, may need him before that hypothetical.

The alternative way of looking at it is that Richard Wood's employment at RUFC has been successful for the club and himself. Most of us try and be the best at our jobs as possible and to make the best living we can at what we do. Football capsules emotion and ignores logic.I remember Steven Gerrard being described as ''......a wonderful servant to Liverpool Football Club!'' I don't know many servants on 200k per week. They are professionals,they have careers and they are the one's who look back on them,not us.

gru would say gallows or firing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The alternative way of looking at it is that Richard Wood's employment at RUFC has been successful for the club and himself. Most of us try and be the best at our jobs as possible and to make the best living we can at what we do. Football capsules emotion and ignores logic.I remember Steven Gerrard being described as ''......a wonderful servant to Liverpool Football Club!'' I don't know many servants on 200k per week. They are professionals,they have careers and they are the one's who look back on them,not us.
    So are you saying Woody doesn't deserve a send off?