+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brilliant result

Brilliant result

What a quality day! We are bang in form at the exact right time. They really aren't. And I think we can catch them. If we keep playing the way we are, hopefully no injuries, keep getting the luck, we have a great chance from here.
    What an excellent manager JDT is. Calm, collective and tactically astute. He has tried certain systems and found a winning one well within his first season. He is an intelligent guy who has found an effective system for the young group of players he has. While Dack & Brereton have been great at various times for us, I feel that front 3 of Szmodics Dolan and Gallagher in the No9 has more balance. Thomas has been a quality signing for our first 11.JRC and him cause problems down the left of any side we play. The balance in this 11 at present is perfect. Szmodics runs fast with the ball & uses it very well which is why we break on teams so effectively. Dolan SG & Szmodics are all fast. Gallys control, use of the ball has improved massively of late. In that central role. Which now complements the huge effort he puts in every week that mainly goes unnoticed.
    Travis is playing like a real leader. In the best form of his career. Buckley was excellent today & looks back close to his best. They do now look like our best 2 centrally.
    Pickering is really proving me wrong. Robin you did say stick with when I was writing him off. He really is solid most weeks. Top goal today and another 7/8 out of 10 performance.
    Pears doesn't conceed goals and we rarely lose when he plays. Carter is improving every week and I feel he is our best new young player who has come through. Him & Hyam are solid.
    If Dack comes back (and he is already back training) & Kaminski I still would keep them on the bench and let this side have a run. Great to be bringing in when needed if we get injuries & as subs. But this current side are more effective and more balanced.
    Last edited by champs95; 04-03-2023 at 07:15 PM.

Us to one side....the game itself. I thought they looked ok in parts but looked jaded. McBurnie missed their one real chance .That was a sending off all day long. I thought we played some really good stuff. The goal was excellent and I thought Dolan was so unlucky not to score when he hit the post. Great strike from a player in red hot form.
    Travis for me was MOM. Him & Buckley ran that midfield and looked better than their 2.
    That first 20 mins after HT I thought we played some great stuff and had Szmodics shot not hit the bar it would have been game over much earlier. We did ride our luck at times but that happens when you are in form & winning.

Yep,totally agree with you Champs.great goal and great second half,I can see you catching them as you have some very winnable games coming up. Maybe both Burnley and Rovers for automatic promotion..Dafter things have happened.lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yep,totally agree with you Champs.great goal and great second half,I can see you catching them as you have some very winnable games coming up. Maybe both Burnley and Rovers for automatic promotion..Dafter things have happened.lol
    It would be great if we both went up mate. Fantastic for this part of the world.

What a great result and certainly shut a few united fans up,who were so sure that they were going to win this one and effectively have a bye to the semi finals.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    What a great result and certainly shut a few united fans up,who were so sure that they were going to win this one and effectively have a bye to the semi finals.
    They will be out of the top 2 by the time we play them in this cup.

Not sure about that champs.
    Reading away on Tuesday as their game in hand.
    They look pretty woeful at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Not sure about that champs.
    Reading away on Tuesday as their game in hand.
    They look pretty woeful at the moment.
    Look at their fixtures after Reading. They have just lost 3 in a row. They look poor too

I know it's tough for you mate but you may need to be positive at some point and get behind us. As ignore it or not we are a very decent side and you may need to conceed that.

Yes,stop being a Neghead Robin.👍😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)