+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Langstaff named in England C squad

England C is on a par with the Daffy Duck Cup (Football League Trophy) in terms of utter futility. I can only assume it keeps some dozy FA administrator in a job.

Let's hope he's on the bench and doesn't get on, cos the ones on the pitch are doing really well, I know I'm being selfish but Notts first before England

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Let's hope he's on the bench and doesn't get on, cos the ones on the pitch are doing really well, I know I'm being selfish but Notts first before England
    https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...Czhdzf1rotAAAA

Great News

I think LW is more savvy than we give him credit for,I don’t think LW had any intention of letting him go(and Macca’s priority is Notts) so if you didn’t believe it before believe it now LW and the Squad haven’t given up on the title 😜

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    England C is on a par with the Daffy Duck Cup (Football League Trophy) in terms of utter futility. I can only assume it keeps some dozy FA administrator in a job.

Correct. Brain full of peas, and that's being kind.

Certainly wasn't taken lightly on the night. The whole squad were extremely proud to represent their country and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and so they should. A good win as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Certainly wasn't taken lightly on the night. The whole squad were extremely proud to represent their country and thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and so they should. A good win as well.
    A good win against a Welsh side made up of amateurs in front of about 800 people. Isn't the C set up supposed to be for amateur players 25 or under?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-03-2023 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    A good win against a Welsh side made up of amateurs in front of about 800 people. Isn't the C set up supposed to be for amateur players 25 or under?
    The Wales C squad is made up of players from the Welsh Premier League. Many of these players end up moving into the EFL and we have a former Wales C international in Rawlo.

There is no other stipulation from the Wales side of things regarding age, they just need to be playing in the Welsh league and be eligible to represent their country.

This fixture saw Wales humiliate the English 4-0 in a game that saw Callum Roberts, Matty Palmer and Richard Brindley all selected for the squad. In fact Roberts played the full game.

I don't care what everyone thinks I just know I would be thrilled to represent my country at any level and this England squad did themselves proud.

I also have a vested interest in this but won't be able to say anything about it until after the weekend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12