+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supporter Dies as a result of thuggery

Supporter Dies as a result of thuggery

It is totally unacceptable for a football fan to lose his life after attending a football match. I have no knowledge of the circumstances of what happened or why this happened but there is no occasion when this can be considered acceptable. I do not know who provoked whom but bottom line this is thuggery at its very worst and whoever was involved should be ashamed of themselves. I suppose I will get slated on this forum for my opinion but I stand by anything contained therein. If the person or persons are identified they should have the book thrown at them and jailed accordingly.

Hard to disagree with your reaction lancaster100, however it seems that Burnley fans had been congregating in the Manchester pub from as early as 10.00am.

If you know the location it's a ten minute walk from Bloomfield Road and a lot of Burnley fans went back post-match.

Questions to be answered:
    1). Why did door security allow them in?
    2). Where were the local constabulary?
    3). When Blackpool fans came looking for a bit of bother why did the police or door security not intervene before the fight took place?

By all accounts the chap who died was amongst the Blackpool fans who came intent on a bit of bother.

Sadly, he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    It is totally unacceptable for a football fan to lose his life after attending a football match. I have no knowledge of the circumstances of what happened or why this happened but there is no occasion when this can be considered acceptable. I do not know who provoked whom but bottom line this is thuggery at its very worst and whoever was involved should be ashamed of themselves. I suppose I will get slated on this forum for my opinion but I stand by anything contained therein. If the person or persons are identified they should have the book thrown at them and jailed accordingly.
    I don't know the circumstances neither Lancaster BUT as sad as it is, which it is very sad, we surely cannot blame thuggery yet? Imagine you being threatened right up to the point where you feel you're going to have physical aggression against you. You have to protect your self and are allowed by law. I won't be accusing any one of thuggery until the full picture is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    I don't know the circumstances neither Lancaster BUT as sad as it is, which it is very sad, we surely cannot blame thuggery yet? Imagine you being threatened right up to the point where you feel you're going to have physical aggression against you. You have to protect your self and are allowed by law. I won't be accusing any one of thuggery until the full picture is clear.
    I know one or two of the lads who were there at the time of the aggro. Best left for the police and "authorities" to factualise what went on methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I know one or two of the lads who were there at the time of the aggro. Best left for the police and "authorities" to factualise what went on methinks.
    Agreed

Just seen the video on twitter,fighting between both sets of fans.😒

It's quite possible the person deceased was also a thug, how does it work then ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's quite possible the person deceased was also a thug, how does it work then ?
    When the truth outs it will not suit the narrative mon ami. A close friend of mine was in that pub on Saturday night and let's just say the Lashers knew who and how many Burnley lads were in there at that time.

My nan used to have a great little saying, "It takes two to Tango". Just saying.

I am sorry untinted but your glasses are being tinted. As seems to be the case a fight broke out who started it - who knows but how that is not thuggery beggars belief

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I am sorry untinted but your glasses are being tinted. As seems to be the case a fight broke out who started it - who knows but how that is not thuggery beggars belief
    My glasses tainted by wanting to see the evidence first

Basically its the law, you are allowed a preemptive strike. If I am about to be struck I'll be striking the other guy first, should he fall and bang his head, so be it

Mine was a very diplomatic answer, yours was guilty before any evidence. Thank god your not a judge, Jesus, Never mind judge Judy be afraid of Judge Lancy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)