+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: o/t covid farce

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Looks like they can't keep us Rams down Mac. On other platforms I've enraged a few by taking the middle road, refusing to accept "sheep" brickbats for eventually going for the vax from the antivaxxers and refusing to slate people who came to the opposite decision. Provided you understand the individual risks and use common sense to reach your verdict, I'll back you all the way.

Glad you're OK.

Over here, we shut the testing and vax stations last week. The government, currently, has no plans for mass vaccinations for any age groups and view, officially, CV19 as a flu like illness that isn't a danger to public health. The jury is still out on whether they will be providing annual jabs as happens with the flu jab.

As an aside, I had the flu shot, once, some 10 years ago. I was sick as a dog for 6 months. Caught a cold the day after the jab. That graduated through flu, bronchitis and then double pneumonia putting me flat on my back for 3 weeks. 6 months before I was properly fit again. December I had a mild bout of flu, tested neg for CV, my first flu in 10 years. I will continue my boycott of the flu vaccine and will review the situation as and when, if they ever come up with regular CV jabs.
    Again, very similar MA re the flu jab!
    I sometimes have it sometimes don't. It gave my eldest lad a kicking a couple of years ago and he's only in his thirties! Many years ago, it put my then boss in hospital for a month with similar to you but it also attacked his eyes with one eye left weakened!
    As you say, gather the risks and counter risks and make your own decision. This year my good lady had both Covid and flu jabs whilst I just had Covid. Each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Great post MA, goes through the similar experiences and concerns that I had.
    I've had 4 doses having missed the 4th. Unfortunately, I picked up an infection from god knows where which turned to sepsis and I was in the Royal Derby for a week on a drip. After a slow recovery I opted to miss the booster as I was worried that it might be too much for my immune system. I've now had the 5th jab and will continue with any more offered all things being equal. In my case it seems that my heart/bp problems nor my original cancer treatment and subsequent further treatment for secondaries does not appear to have been impacted as far as covid is concerned. I will continue to have further jabs unless medical advice is contrary (despite what our revered Red might say!)
    Blimey mac...that must have been horribly scary. You’ve never mentioned what must have been a trip to hell and back before...or if you have I’ve missed it.
    I’m genuinely as grateful for your recovery and the fact that you’re still with us as I am to all the scientists who managed to produce the vaccine in seemingly record time. Without it God knows what would have happened although, in your case maybe the Irn-Bru and the Pedigree also stood you in good stead. Stay well!

Thanks for the kind wishes MA and rA. It is much appreciated. The Sepsis episode was quite strange really.
    We'd been away for a week in Norfolk and came home on the Saturday. I was feeling a bit tired but that's not unusual so my wife drove us back. That evening I didn't feel too good and went to bed early but couldn't settle and got up. Apparently, I'd turned a delicate shade of grey and became disorientated. Becoming concerned my wife phoned for an ambulance which arrived quite quickly. They whipped me into the Derby Royal, at first they could not establish what the problem was but did a load of blood tests and admitted me. The tests revealed an infection and put me on antibiotics, further tests revealed that what they thought was a mild infection had turned to sepsis and immediately started pumping antibiotics into me by the gallon. I was in for a week and was still on antibiotics for some time afterwards.
    I can only say that from the minute my wife phoned our revered Health Service was superb and long may it continue, I think the gods were shining on me that week!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’ll beg to differ, mistakes made worldwide by politicians (mostly) and scientists (in good faith), it was definitely a thing and I just thank God the real pointy heads got a shift on with a vaccine or I think I’d be dead now.

What’s your point?
    My point sir, was that once we had opened the lock down route. Certain elements took full advantage to implement control.

Lock down one. Completely necessary, as was the implementation of the vaccine asap.
    Lock down 2? No way. The care home abuse was vitually criminal among this.
    To read those messages of Hancock and his cronies, laughing at the general public blindly following their actions was disgusting.
    laughing at those Paying to isolate in hotels after travelling
    Enpowering the police into an arm of the government
    Joking about when to implement their "new strain" as to bring about more control measures.

If you or anyone, hasn't been concerned by any of these messages, then I'm amazed.

NB RA, if you want me shut up, then do it yourself. You bang on about debate and treating others fairly. Yet rather than simply re***e anything I say, you scream for others to do your dirty work. Pathetic.

Well Tricky, when someone talks horse****, sometimes rA will disagree with it - and I think you've got a clean sweep of disagreement here.

More interesting though is re***e. What are the banned three letters? Contextually it could be "fut" or "buk" but that makes no sense. What word did the swear filter redact?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Well Tricky, when someone talks horse****, sometimes rA will disagree with it - and I think you've got a clean sweep of disagreement here.

More interesting though is re***e. What are the banned three letters? Contextually it could be "fut" or "buk" but that makes no sense. What word did the swear filter redact?
    I can have a clean sweep GP.
    But the point is, every voice is a voice.
    No one makes him read it, or answer it.
    To scream "someone shut him up" sounds very childish and quite girly.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No probs Ramshank I do have a sense of humour and not that thin skinned!
    Good man!

Really sorry to hear about Sepsis getting you Mac, there's not enough awareness of it out there at the moment. I hope you had the consolation of missing some of the terrible football at pride park whilst laid up?!

Thanks RS, I agree that the risks of sepsis needs to be made more widely known. Speed is important and in my case I was lucky that my wife took quick action whilst I may have waited assuming it was a touch of flu. Consequently, early treatment in hospital proved v I t a l and minimised any long term effects so that would be my message to one and all.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;40233934]I can have a clean sweep GP.
    But the point is, every voice is a voice.
    No one makes him read it, or answer it.
    To scream "someone shut him up" sounds very childish and quite girly.[/QUOTE

Haven’t a clue how you’ve interpreted me as ‘screaming’ or ‘girly’...but I’ll whisper it if you like...please, please just stfu. You’ve been talking nonsense for days now (some might say longer) and your most recent opinions on Covid are verging on the offensive.
    I’ve really nothing to add other than to congratulate you. You have at last brought about some unity to the forum. Who’da thought it would come from such an unlikely source?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    My point sir, was that once we had opened the lock down route. Certain elements took full advantage to implement control.

Lock down one. Completely necessary, as was the implementation of the vaccine asap.
    Lock down 2? No way. The care home abuse was vitually criminal among this.
    To read those messages of Hancock and his cronies, laughing at the general public blindly following their actions was disgusting.
    laughing at those Paying to isolate in hotels after travelling
    Enpowering the police into an arm of the government
    Joking about when to implement their "new strain" as to bring about more control measures.

If you or anyone, hasn't been concerned by any of these messages, then I'm amazed.

NB RA, if you want me shut up, then do it yourself. You bang on about debate and treating others fairly. Yet rather than simply re***e anything I say, you scream for others to do your dirty work. Pathetic.
    But Tricky, as is often the case, you have changed the nuance of your argument, because the thrust of your post was Covid farce and you were stating quite clearly that the whole thing was a hoax/unnecessary etc. etc.

I'm sure there are many issues over the handling of Covid that the government got wrong, but making a judgement based on a series of selectively leaked Whatsapp messages is hardly sound.

I'm sure that if you were privy to discussions that went on between any group of people you might take issue with what was said, but without proper context its impossible to distinguish between a light hearted or off the cuff remark and a serious one. So no I'm not overly concerned about these messages, other than it proves just how stupid Hancock is!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)