+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: o/t covid farce

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    But Tricky, as is often the case, you have changed the nuance of your argument, because the thrust of your post was Covid farce and you were stating quite clearly that the whole thing was a hoax/unnecessary etc. etc.

I'm sure there are many issues over the handling of Covid that the government got wrong, but making a judgement based on a series of selectively leaked Whatsapp messages is hardly sound.

I'm sure that if you were privy to discussions that went on between any group of people you might take issue with what was said, but without proper context its impossible to distinguish between a light hearted or off the cuff remark and a serious one. So no I'm not overly concerned about these messages, other than it proves just how stupid Hancock is!!
    No sir i didn't,
    I said the panic was blown out of all proportion and stand by that.
    It is slowly leaking out, they have had everyone on puppet strings for quite some time.
    No one denies there wasn't a new virus. But to bring the world to a dead stop? Behave.
    You yourself was blasting the damage lockdowns have done and the long term damage to the economy and people who will then die with long term ailments.

They've had our pants down.
    Still things are coming out.

https://flipboard.com/@dailymailuk/t...647496046-%2F0

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40234022]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I can have a clean sweep GP.
    But the point is, every voice is a voice.
    No one makes him read it, or answer it.
    To scream "someone shut him up" sounds very childish and quite girly.[/QUOTE

Haven’t a clue how you’ve interpreted me as ‘screaming’ or ‘girly’...but I’ll whisper it if you like...please, please just stfu. You’ve been talking nonsense for days now (some might say longer) and your most recent opinions on Covid are verging on the offensive.
    I’ve really nothing to add other than to congratulate you. You have at last brought about some unity to the forum. Who’da thought it would come from such an unlikely source?
    Unified the board?
    Is this in the same way it unified against DCFCA?

That one blew up in your face as well.

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;40235704]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Unified the board?
    Is this in the same way it unified against DCFCA?

That one blew up in your face as well.
    Oh grow up, Tricky. What’s DCFCA got to do with it anyway...and how did it anything ‘blow up in my face’?

Let’s just remember what you said, ‘...most of the COVID pandemic was a lie and blown out of all proportion’.

It’s a ridiculous thing to have said and insulting to all those who both suffered loss and worked hard and bravely throughout the pandemic. Virtually everyone has agreed...your problem...not mine.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 09-03-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I said the panic was blown out of all proportion and stand by that.

No one denies there wasn't a new virus. But to bring the world to a dead stop? Behave.

You yourself was blasting the damage lockdowns have done and the long term damage to the economy and people who will then die with long term ailments.
    Quite how, in the same post, you can say "blown out of proportion" and then "people who will then die with long term ailments".

The Dutch health service is struggling for staff. They have been hit by an epidemic of doctors, nurses, auxiliary staff, paramedics etc all with long covid. Around 20% on sick leave. Not all long covid, the others are down with mental issues, burn out and the like due to having been massively overworked form over 2 years. Two years in which they were risking their lives on a daily basis.

There also signs that many are thinking of leaving and doing other work as they see their own health, both mental and physical, deteriorating.

Is that also the case in the UK?

I mention the Dutch situation as I'm not aware of the current UK stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Quite how, in the same post, you can say "blown out of proportion" and then "people who will then die with long term ailments".

The Dutch health service is struggling for staff. They have been hit by an epidemic of doctors, nurses, auxiliary staff, paramedics etc all with long covid. Around 20% on sick leave. Not all long covid, the others are down with mental issues, burn out and the like due to having been massively overworked form over 2 years. Two years in which they were risking their lives on a daily basis.

There also signs that many are thinking of leaving and doing other work as they see their own health, both mental and physical, deteriorating.

Is that also the case in the UK?

I mention the Dutch situation as I'm not aware of the current UK stats.
    The UK has the added complication of Brexit making it harder for EU citizens to work in the UK Health Service.

These arguments will probably do the rounds for years. My best mate is of the same opinion as Tricky that it was all blown out of proportion, he broke the rules regularly, refused to wear a mask etc because they 'don't work'. He says today it was the biggest con, which is even more disrespectful considering another of his mates mum died of covid early on.

Most governments followed expert advice for most of the big calls, I tend to trust in the advice of someone like Chris Whitty ,who had no political agenda ,over some 'bloke' off an internet forum or my mate. My view is if they knew more than the experts then why werent they the ones being paid the big bucks to give out advice and make the big life or death decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    The UK has the added complication of Brexit making it harder for EU citizens to work in the UK Health Service.

These arguments will probably do the rounds for years. My best mate is of the same opinion as Tricky that it was all blown out of proportion, he broke the rules regularly, refused to wear a mask etc because they 'don't work'. He says today it was the biggest con, which is even more disrespectful considering another of his mates mum died of covid early on.

Most governments followed expert advice for most of the big calls, I tend to trust in the advice of someone like Chris Whitty ,who had no political agenda ,over some 'bloke' off an internet forum or my mate. My view is if they knew more than the experts then why werent they the ones being paid the big bucks to give out advice and make the big life or death decisions?
    I'm in the middle. They were spot on at the start. Could have opened up a bit earlier than they did. The vaccines were not 100% effective. We, in the NL, were told that from the off. We knew what the short term, known side effects were. Mid and long term ones weren't known and will appear when we reach mid and long term.

There are those who say the current "excess deaths" are down to the vax. They have no proof.

I'm in the middle. They were spot on at the start. Could have opened up a bit earlier than they did. The vaccines were not 100% effective. We, in the NL, were told that from the off. We knew what the short term, known side effects were. Mid and long term ones weren't known and will appear when we reach mid and long term.

There are those who say the current "excess deaths" are down to the vax. They have no proof.
    In the UK the effectiveness of the vaccines was also widely published, i think some expected it to fully prevent illness, didnt realise that quite often it only lessened the effect of the virus.

Its hard to say without being able to compare identically different approaches. Comparing different nations just doesn't work due to different population density, health etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    In the UK the effectiveness of the vaccines was also widely published, i think some expected it to fully prevent illness, didnt realise that quite often it only lessened the effect of the virus.

Its hard to say without being able to compare identically different approaches. Comparing different nations just doesn't work due to different population density, health etc.
    Judging by posts on FB etc. the conspeorists didn't read/hear the effectiveness ..... how very convenient.

Judging by posts on FB etc. the conspeorists didn't read/hear the effectiveness ..... how very convenient.
    My mate who only had it so he could travel argued that unless it was 100% then it wasnt worth having it. I asked him if he wore his seat belt when driving, which he does, so i said why? He said well its the law but also stops you getting killed if you have an accident, so i asked him ,does it 100% guarantee that you wont get killed or injured?

On that note, there was lots of conspiracists claiming when it was made law to wear them in the 80s that it caused more injuries, and there was evidence it did, but what they ignored that the reason it caused more injuries was because it 'reduced' the impact of accidents meaning instead of dying, people were just getting injuries.

Ok, its not the same thing exactly but the theory is sort of the same.

... something a conspeorist would not understand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)