+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chalky and Frank, what did / do you think of 'Jesus Christ Superstar'?

Do you think that BDB knows that in addition to his main work (performing with Deep Purple) Ian Gillan sang the role of Jesus in the original recording of Jesus Christ Superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEF8vjbClpU

Ian Gillan is an extremely talented vocalist. I also recall seeing them live with a full orchestra & him singing opera. The original Deep Purple was just a bit before my time.
    My era was not long after mark 4 split up.

Gillan Glory Road was the 3rd vinyl I ever purchased.. how sad is this memory..

1 Whitesnake Ready & Willing
    2 Def Leppard On thru the night
    3 Gillan Glory Road
    4 Rainbow Rising
    5 Rush Moving Pictures

Still have them all

Deep Purple in Rock is still one of my all time favourites, so many great rock numbers and the wonderful Sweet Child in Time which showcases Gillan’s voice.

Excellent choice but if I had to pick one Deep Purple album it would be Perfect Strangers

Howoldboy,
    If you are anxious about the our immediate playing prospects and the debt situation this is what I reckon :-
    "Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to
    Problems that upset you, oh.
    Don't you know
    Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine.
    And we want you to sleep well tonight.
    Let the world turn without you tonight.
    If we try, we'll get by, so forget all about us tonight"

Paul Simpson can walk across your swimming pool.

There's a "Big Night of Musicials 2023" on BBC1 next Saturday at 7.50pm Stefan,will you be watching or is it the kind of thing like the elitists look down upon?

Then Stefan,and wait for it...

On BBC2 at 9.25 it's Andrew Lloyd Webber at the BBC

BBC2 at 10.55 Andrew Lloyd Webber: Memories - Imagine

BBC2 at 12.25am Elaine Paige at the BBC

And you was slagging Auntie Beeb off the other day,I think this is her version of a brown envelope my son

Chalky, remind me of slagging off the BBC.

The government chooses who gets to be the overall boss of the BBC. The BJ Conservative government chose the bloke who facilitated an 800 grand loan for him. The current second in command at the BBC had been a Conservative councillor who was a donor of 400 grand to the Conservative party. Did these two play no part in trying to silence Gary Lineker and possibly dismiss him? 36 Conservative MPs and Lords wrote to the BBC wanting the it to demand an apology and to sack him. Only the public outrage at the anti-Lineker faction and the immediate chaos at BBC Sport made the b*astards themselves apologise to Lineker and he is now back in place.

Neither the Conservatives nor Labour love the BBC because they each believe that it is biased towards the other, so it must be getting it largely correct. But there is always going to be suspicion whilst the current top 2 are in place.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 19-03-2023 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    There's a "Big Night of Musicals 2023" on BBC1 next Saturday at 7.50pm Stefan,will you be watching or is it the kind of thing like the elitists look down upon?
    I do not like musicals but the work of Rice & Lloyd Webber is a horse of a different feather.

Tbh Stefan it was just a light-hearted post about some TV that I thought you might be interested in,if you don't want to watch it then you should have just ignored the post ...

Oh btw,I don't really think that Auntie Beeb has put them on as a backhander to you either,that also was tongue in cheek

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)