+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Pilgrims v Rams.

Still think we will make the play offs.

Poor 2nd half but Is and will always be frustrating to lose out to a poor decision, as it was a clear dive I wonder if the argyle player will be on the end of retrospective action for simulation ?

Probably not.

When do we get bird back.

We're conceding too easily. These goals are coming from the oppositions first meaningful attack, they didn't lay a glove on us until the goal, then we seem to fall apart.

Its becoming a habit, losing pts and if Warne can't stop it, we will lose a play off place. Maybe the effects of a small and unbalanced squad are beginning to show?

Yet another tale of 2 halves. Worth the half time lead. They were the better side in the 2nd half. Stats say nowt in it. Both had 10 shots, they had 5 on target to our 4. The difference being the penalty that shouldn't have been. Awful decision.

The hardest games left are Wendy and Posh away and Ipswich at home. Minimum of 3 points from those is necessary. The other 8 games need to bring 20 points in. That would be 84 in total and enough to get in the lottery.

Having said that, our record against the top 8 isn't all sweetness and light. Ipswich and Barnsley look good for the playoffs. The other 2 places are between Bolton, us, Wycombe and Posh, IMO.

Must admit we’re missing Max Bird more than I thought we would. No reflection on White...he’s got a good touch though possibly not the physicality demanded at this level. Disappointed with Hourihane last night...forgot he was even on the pitch tbh, but that Bird injury against West Ham is the one that’s hurt us imo.

Agreed MA, and the Wendy game is last one of the season and so pressure may be off by then with them already up.

Educated guesstimate, nothing more, sees us get another 19 points this season taking us to 80. Should be enough but...do we want it?
    If we are to make the play offs this year and possibly fluke a result in the same way as QPR (honestly I’m over it ) did nine years ago, would we, with those restrictions still in place, survive in the Championship?
    Watching us against West Ham, who may well be there by then, and comparing us with some of the televised Championship sides suggests not.
    So maybe another season in League One and an opportunity for Warne to build his own squad will be no bad thing.

I've been musing along the same lines rA. Not sure how much the business plan can flex to allow higher wages and transfer fees in the event of promotion in year one of two. If it's rigid then this squad, albeit strengthened by a few freebies and better loans, would likely put us back into division 3 for 24-25 when we have more freedom to invest in the team.

Missing promotion wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Losing a playoff final might be the best outcome for 22-23, and we are good at that

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Educated guesstimate, nothing more, sees us get another 19 points this season taking us to 80. Should be enough but...do we want it?
    If we are to make the play offs this year and possibly fluke a result in the same way as QPR (honestly I’m over it ) did nine years ago, would we, with those restrictions still in place, survive in the Championship?
    Watching us against West Ham, who may well be there by then, and comparing us with some of the televised Championship sides suggests not.
    So maybe another season in League One and an opportunity for Warne to build his own squad will be no bad thing.
    Personally, no thanks. I DO want to be playing (perm three out of) West Ham, Everton, Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Forest, Wolves as well as Wednesday and whoever just fails to get out of theChampionship, even if losing more than winning. I’ve enjoyed watching the Rams this season, but Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham, Accrington? No disrespect to their own rise in status but come on! Plus I’ve moved my next holiday back a week to after the playoff final…

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Personally, no thanks. I DO want to be playing (perm three out of) West Ham, Everton, Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Forest, Wolves as well as Wednesday and whoever just fails to get out of theChampionship, even if losing more than winning. I’ve enjoyed watching the Rams this season, but Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham, Accrington? No disrespect to their own rise in status but come on! Plus I’ve moved my next holiday back a week to after the playoff final…
    Have to agree with that, IF we get promotion, then take that chance with both hands. There is every chance that the EFL will loosen the restrictions in the summer, given the club have behaved responsibly and the new owners seem to be quietly but effectively rebuilding trust and good relationships with the authorities.

If you ahve a chance of promotion of course you want it, whose to say if we don't go up, that some of our better players won't move on in any case?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)