+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Pilgrims v Rams.

Matchday thread: Pilgrims v Rams.

Well someone had to do it. Anyway...one for the most committed. A 450 mile round trip on a freezing night in early March. Hats off to them all, but I’ll be watching this one on Sky.
    Really hope I’m completely wrong but I can’t see past a potentially heavy defeat. 3-1 to Plymouth at best and the official end of our lingering automatic hopes.
    Will it really matter? Probably not...our current situation is so much better than it might have been, but our aim now must be the play offs and the restoration of slightly waning confidence as we move towards the business end of the season. COYR.

They've only dropped 5 points at home all season or something silly. It might not be pretty, but if we can go there, stay tight and play on the counter, we could nick a 0-1 win.

Neppy bus left Derby at half 6. Get there around 12. Starting back around 22:30 so the driver has had his 9 hours rest. Back around 4, just in time for Kirky to bottle up and open . That's some trip. They're not alone. Some went down yesterday, others going today back tomorrow. One carload went yesterday, staying in Plymouth till Satdeh morning and then stopping off at Oxford for the game before driving back.

Such dedication deserves a 1-2 away win.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Such dedication deserves a 1-2 away win.
    It does, MA. For me Plymouth is just a place to catch a summer prolonging ferry from.

If that first sentence is true, RS...you’ve only deepened my gloom. Admire your optimism though and really, really hope you’re right.

If we defend well we might only lose 2 - 1, if not a 3 - 0 defeat looms!

Never confident about away to Plymouth since that Godawful 6th round match all those years ago. 1-1 would be nice

I'll be ecstatic at 1 - 1! Fingers crossed.

Much as expected I’m afraid. Good value for the half time lead but out thought and out fought after the break. Play offs at best now, but we suddenly don’t seem to have much in reserve. Never a penalty but the better side won.

Said it before but why bother when you clealry know the ref will screw you over first chance he gets because hes on orders

People can claim out fought all they like but its the same in every big match past few seasons the clutch games like this we get done over with dodgy decisions and its not even up for debate now

Pack it in lads, until we’re allowed to have a fighting chance whats the ****ing point

How many penalties is that against us this season ffs, its absolutely laughable when those are getting given agains you

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Much as expected I’m afraid. Good value for the half time lead but out thought and out fought after the break. Play offs at best now, but we suddenly don’t seem to have much in reserve. Never a penalty but the better side won.
    Very very poor second half, got what we deserved. We have nowt in reserve simply because we have nowt in reserve!! The squad is too thin to sustain us over a long grinding season of all out attrition twice a week!
    Play offs now unlikely imo, but a more than respectable top ten finish will bring year one of two years of the EFL amusing themselves at our expense to an end!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)