+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All smiles at Fir Park

All smiles at Fir Park

The recent upturn in form has given Motherwell fans much needed comfort but a stiff test lies ahead. - External Link

Kettlewell motm too.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Kettlewell motm too.
    And we all know what happens after our Gaffers win MOTM ... get yer dosh on 4 nil Sevco

I don't think getting thumped next has much to do with the award tbf!

Just ask Dougie Imrie ����. First game since award lost 1-3

Could be wrong but the impressions that last are those that often hurt, and although I haven’t kept records, my impressions for the last several years has been after a Motherwell manager receives MOTM award things go bad almost immediately.
    Now it may be the schedule of games are a big factor and it’s easier to get on a run worthy of that award if you didn’t have to face either of the OF in that time period. Just so happens next game up is a team we rarely ever get anything from.

Quote Originally Posted by firparkUSA View Post
    Could be wrong but the impressions that last are those that often hurt, and although I haven’t kept records, my impressions for the last several years has been after a Motherwell manager receives MOTM award things go bad almost immediately.
    Now it may be the schedule of games are a big factor and it’s easier to get on a run worthy of that award if you didn’t have to face either of the OF in that time period. Just so happens next game up is a team we rarely ever get anything from.
    I think it's a combination of the fixtures conspiring to give an 'easy' run as you say and also in our league the chances of anyone outside the top two (and Hearts at a push this season) having the consistency to go beyond a three-four game winning or unbeaten run is slim.

Certainly having half-watched a lot of the Rangers game last night, if they play like that again next week we could have the game of our lives and the question is still only how many they'll beat us by in the end.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)