+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Isles..

Wild Isles..

A new five part program starts on Sunday at 7pm on bbc1 narrated by David Attenborough,it's about the wildlife that inhabits our Isles and is probably right up our street Frank

I avoid wildlife programmes like the plague, i enjoy watching the birds in my garden eating bathing and drinking, my garden is a one stop.

I used to watch wildlife programmes, but you can bet you will see one animal butchering another, it upset me as a child and i cant do it now. I know its what happens, but i dont want to watch that thankyou very much. Mr Patterson at school was a sensitive soul, the only praise i ever got at school was from him. He said what you dont know doesnt hurt.

The evil in the world can get too much, like that Ukrainian prisoner. The Russians are so stupid they dont realise that more Russians will die now.

And a Magpie eating a chick.

Etc.

I know what you mean Frank and I hate to see one animal attack another but that's nature,it's how they survive and if humankind hadn't learnt to farm animals we would have done it for a lot longer than we would

I will watch it on Sunday and report back to you and if it's ok you can watch it on catch-up,the quality of Attenborough programmes is usually superb

That would be nice.

What a wonderful program it is,it starts off with Orca whales looking for seals to eat in the Shetlands,who knew that Orca whales was so close and the way that they creep up on their prey is fascinating,even to the point of creeping up on seals by swimming on their side so that their dorsal fin doesn't break the surface of the water

Then there's a section on the Golden Eagles of Scotland hunting barnacle geese and dormice and their babies avoiding Owls,how the hell do they get to film in a dormouse nest underground?

Then it's the badgers time,the only one that I had I've ever seen was dead at the side of the A1 once bumble bees,moths that hunt for pollen in daytime,foxes and their offspring

Then there's puffins Frank,I would love to see a puffin in the wild so was excited to see them come up and what a treat,the puffin had a mouth full of fish and some herring gills twice it's size tried to get the fish out of its mouth but that plucky little puffin wasn't having any of it, Attenborough got really close to them (about 2ft away) and they didn't seem nervous at all

There's a free Wild Isles poster available which im going for as soon as I've finished this and a promise of red squirrels in a further episode

bbc.co.uk/wildisles

It looks like a wonderful series Frank so give it a go,you can always fast forward the bits that you don't like and tbh there's not that much hunting each other

I've just been online to request the accompanying poster and there's clips from the first series for you to view Frank to see if it's your thing or not plus the full program is on BBC iPlayer

bbc.co.uk/wildisles

Nah. As a child i got enjoyment killing things, insects spiders, it changed overnight. We had a barrel at the end of the garden full of rainwater. I got satisfaction from rescuing drowning insects and flies, spending hours over it, and the reason is that i wasnt rescuing bugs, i was rescuing me.

I knew what it felt like to drown, in a way not to do rescue bugs was not an option, i still do it today, rescuing worms off paths.

A near death survivor related such things, that she became more sensitive, rescuing snails and worms whenever she could, she understood.

Im sure you get enjoyment at seeing one animal kill another. Indeed, you have rubbed my nose in it, detailing all the hunting etc.

Cheers. You dont get it. Lets put it this way, You are walking in a jungle, a tiger attacks you, and starts consuming you, alive.

You are being filmed by Attenborough who commentates about the tiger in its natural habitat hunting, Attenborough regards you as food.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

A near death survivor related such things, that she became more sensitive, rescuing snails and worms whenever she could, she understood.

Im sure you get enjoyment at seeing one animal kill another. Indeed, you have rubbed my nose in it, detailing all the hunting etc.

Why would I get pleasure from telling you what to expect from the show? I told you that's what I would do so you could decide if to watch it or not,it's a fabulous show about the great wildlife of the UK and I'm going to devour every episode,it's your loss if you don't want to watch it

Who's the person who had the near death survivor,it's not that Mary Neal is it because I think that she's a bit of a bull­****ter tbh

Oh, your going to devour every episode, im sure you get a sadists pleasure from watching murder, its a comment on your animalistic, carnivor nature.

You still respond to basic instincts, unable to temper gross appetites. What makes it worse is that you dont need to, you can buy meat from Tesco, but you get pleasure from watching THAT.

You are not religious in the slightest, what was that parable in the bible about the lion sharing with the lamb?

Notice, chuck, the lion does not tear the lamb to pieces. You disgust me.

Are you familiar with Francis of Azzizi? Go back to your den.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)