+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for rA

One for rA

https://chng.it/vS88hYfvfj

Definitely should be blocked

Lol. Hardly just for me, but I’ve signed it! It’s complete madness isn’t it? Has there ever been an example of such blatant nepotism? Thought about starting a thread but honestly...it just defies belief imo.

Personally I'd see more value in stopping a PM who has resigned for the reasons he did from dishing out any honours, will Liz Truss get to do it too?

Ridiculous. But at very least yes there should be rules stopping you handing them to family members.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol. Hardly just for me, but I’ve signed it! It’s complete madness isn’t it? Has there ever been an example of such blatant nepotism? Thought about starting a thread but honestly...it just defies belief imo.
    Perhaps making his brother Baron of Marylebone was more nepotic?

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Personally I'd see more value in stopping a PM who has resigned for the reasons he did from dishing out any honours, will Liz Truss get to do it too?

Ridiculous. But at very least yes there should be rules stopping you handing them to family members.
    I believe Truss is to have the opportunity too...either way, can only agree with all you’ve said. How such a dishonourable person as Johnson can get to give out honours, let alone to his father, is just beyond me.

Signed. "Papa" broke Covid regs twice, at least, and got away with it. Although I'm against it, I must admit that Cur Stanley Johnson does have a certain ring to it

Frankly the whole honours system is a farce!

............until they offer you one

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Frankly the whole honours system is a farce!
    Agreed...but when those at ‘the top’ become quite so complacent about their nepotistic intentions I think we have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed...but when those at ‘the top’ become quite so complacent about their nepotistic intentions I think we have a problem.
    I think there's several problems. I'm churning over ideas for a protest song. A possible chorus is...

Vote for us and we'll use all our powers
    To take all your money and make it ours
    We'll do it with pride, do it with verve
    We've got the money, us you will serve

Any verse suggestions welcome and those used will get named as co-writers .... and, of course, share in the huge royalties payout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)