+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salford

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    .... I want to see the referee Mr Speedie who at Vale Park put in the worst performance I've seen from an official for over 20 odd years.

I wont go into boring detail but it has been agreed subsequently by the FA that he got the basics wrong decision wise and allowed Accrington Stanley to run the game from the touch line and on the pitch, so to watch him again is going to be interesting.
    Wow, that must have been bad.

Did 'Vale' refer him to the FA after the game?

Never thought of teams effectively running the game - but can think of quite a few examples in recent years

Might be a few early 'yellow' cards if he is being watched by the FA/EFL

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Wow, that must have been bad.

Did 'Vale' refer him to the FA after the game?

Never thought of teams effectively running the game - but can think of quite a few examples in recent years

Might be a few early 'yellow' cards if he is being watched by the FA/EFL
    It wasn't good, stats after the game showed the ball was in play 20 minutes in the first half and 21 minutes in the second, he allowed gamesmanship ie. kicking the ball away, feigning injury he disallowed a goal and pulled the game back for a penalty (Which they missed !)

The more he allowed the game to deteriorate the worse he become laughing and putting his arms round the Stanley players, not a good idea to report it, but I guess the assessor would have made a note, especially booking Stanleys keeper for time wasting in the 97th minute for time wasting, none of this is an excuse for only getting a draw but his performance was not good.

I dont think Salford are the kind of side who will deliberately disrupt the game Coleman style, so I'm hoping for a good game and a positive result.

This 'gamesmanship' has got out-of-hand in the lower leagues imo. I prefer to call it cheating.

Until players get punished for deliberate time-wasting/diving etc, they will continue to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    This 'gamesmanship' has got out-of-hand in the lower leagues imo. I prefer to call it cheating.

Until players get punished for deliberate time-wasting/diving etc, they will continue to do it.

I think an easy night for Salford tonight 0-3 for me the pitch is absolutely dreadful and the FA I should be fining us for providing a pitch suitable for farm animals only I think it will suit Salford and they will out battle us.

Well you got the Salford part right

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think an easy night for Salford tonight 0-3 for me the pitch is absolutely dreadful and the FA I should be fining us for providing a pitch suitable for farm animals only I think it will suit Salford and they will out battle us.
    Fortunately it was the exact opposite of that. The lads battled and showed a tremendous amount of character to come back and take all 3 points.
    Whatever the abilities, or lack of, of the various players, one thing is certain. They are backing the manager 100%....all of them put a right shift in to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Fortunately it was the exact opposite of that. The lads battled and showed a tremendous amount of character to come back and take all 3 points.
    Whatever the abilities, or lack of, of the various players, one thing is certain. They are backing the manager 100%....all of them put a right shift in to win the game.
    You must be reading my mind. We have players who on social media tonight were getting a right slating. Uwakwe can't tackle and neither can Ainley. Well, guess what, that is not why they are there. Both had good games tonight and you can add to that Offord, Tabiner, Nevitt and Agyei. All who have come in for criticism. We have come off best against a better team tonight because of all these players and more. What is clear, as you rightly say, is they are playing for the manager. A manager who may or may npt be the right man for the job. But he is the man we have got and we all either back him or go under.

Wow! Can't remember the last time I came away from a match feeling like this. Okay, not the most technically accomplished game but who cares, it was exciting and I've got a sore throat from shouting. It was clear at half time that there would be more goals but never thought that we'd end up with 4 and come from behind again!
    An extra mention must be given to the 'game management'. They didn't just hoof it clear and wait for it to come back this time but worked the ball out. Finnegan was particularly good at this.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post

A great performance look dead and buried going 2-3 down with 5 minutes to go but no battled back with some good football can’t fault any Crewe player tonight they left everything out there, and I did think that they would out battle us, well not tonight. If I have one criticism the conceding of 3 goals at home is a little worrying but who cares tonight as we managed to score 4, cracking result and dare I say it 7 unbeaten and almost certainly safe for this season.

Just wish I'd been there - it was nervewracking enough following the twists and turns at home, but the atmosphere at the end must have been amazing (on 3 sides of the pitch).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast