+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salford

Salford

Another team that have suffered more defeats than the Alex. However, this time I don't think we'll get a 1-1 draw. Despite the pitch being on our side I suspect that Salford will overpower us 2-0.
    The other possibility is a postponement due to a frozen pitch.
    Another issue to consider is the line-up, particularly at the back. Should we play a back three, who will be occupying those 3 positions? Offord's name is already written in but who else? O'Riordan is available again but is the last 'senior' CH left. BSD could be recalled or Mellor or even Thomas could be included. I, personally, believe (unless we have yet more CHs red-carded!!) that we have seen the last of BSD and so I believe the 3 will be Mellor, O'Riordan, Offord. The trouble is that they are all right footed and so there will be some imbalance. (I don't know if Thomas is left or right footed).
    Meanwhile, CBR came on at Sutton but, to be honest, did very little and barely broke sweat. Will he start? I think not but will make an entrance from the bench. (possibly dangerous for him to play too long on that pitch!). Is there any point in both talented midfielders, Tabiner and Finnegan turning out on a ploughed field? Amoo and Colkett are fit, should they play?

Think we can win this, but am concerned whenever 'concrete rod' is missing...

Going for a 2-1 win tomorrow (weather permitting) "Nev" to score ...

Btw, big up to our young goalie - think he is doing good

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Think we can win this, but am concerned whenever 'concrete rod' is missing...

Going for a 2-1 win tomorrow (weather permitting) "Nev" to score ...

Btw, big up to our young goalie - think he is doing good
    Absolutely agree about the goalkeeper. It could be argued he should have been in straightaway but one can understand why Trig was given the opportunity.

I will be astonished if the game is on tomorrow night although the forecast (according to the BBC website) is a bit better for tomorrow

I shan't be there sadly as have just tested Positive for Covid (though could hardly see the line .......)

Hope that you feel okay SA and get well soon. Reasonable chance of it being on I think, depends on how soon the frost comes down tomorrow evening, see BBC weather.
    If played I will go for a 1-1 again. Three game ban for McDonald is a big blow to us. Hopefully Nevitt gets off the mark, it has dragged on a bit now and must be playing on his mind. Same team as last Saturday with O'Riordan replacing Rod.

Can't believe Rod got 3 games. It looked really bad but his eye followed the ball and it was very close quarters. Doesn't equate to some lunging tackles I've seen. But yes, it's bad news. Will be interesting to see how it impacts results.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Can't believe Rod got 3 games. It looked really bad but his eye followed the ball and it was very close quarters. Doesn't equate to some lunging tackles I've seen. But yes, it's bad news. Will be interesting to see how it impacts results.
    Straight red is an automatic 3 game ban I think.

Okay.

Sorry to hear that, Shrops. Hope you've not got much in the way of symptoms. Take care!

Looking forward to this game, on numerous points, 1) I'm not keen on plastic teams, Salford, MKD, FGR so to beat them is always good,2) The Alex have steadied the ship and have a back bone now so it should be a good contest but bizarrely I want to see the referee Mr Speedie who at Vale Park put in the worst performance I've seen from an official for over 20 odd years.

I wont go into boring detail but it has been agreed subsequently by the FA that he got the basics wrong decision wise and allowed Accrington Stanley to run the game from the touch line and on the pitch, so to watch him again is going to be interesting,

Prediction ....1-0 to the Alex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast