+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:-Gary Lineker

O/T:-Gary Lineker

Looks like he's in for a hard time from the jobsworths at the Beeb for having the temerity to speak his mind on politics.
    I wonder whether he would be in the same situation if he had been supporting government policy. Surely he is entitled to an existence outside the role of MoTD presenter. It's not like he used as BBC programme as a vehicle to push his views. Is he not entitled to a Twitter speak as an individual in his own right.
    I see Nottinghamshire's pin-up MP Lee Anderson says Lineker should stick to football. Why? I like to know that footballers are free thinkers with opinions outside the game. On the refugee question he's certainly entitled to express an opinion seeing that he has given a home to two of them.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-03-2023 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I wonder whether he would be in the same situation if he had been supporting government policy.
    Of course he wouldn't. But the "free speech" brigade only espouse free speech when it applies to things they want to say.

Ha ha fuse lit and step back. Definitely entitled to his opinion whoever pays his bills, he didn't do it on work time or through his BBC account. Plus most people now think Brexit (which led to this) was a wrong move, even alot of leavers so I think the language the government are using is terrible. From Suellas 100 million if not billions coming here unless they do this to Sunaks use of the word priority. Sunak says stopping the boats is British people's s priority. Does he know what priority means? I think peoples energy bills, dropping house prices and the affordablility of food are their priorities even amongst tories. I know when I am working the next two days and trying to get to town and back on buses in a snowstorm I'll be thinking 'I wonder how the border force are doing with them boats, it's a real PRIORITY to me'

Joke of a party resembling the cast list of the apprentice more by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Of course he wouldn't. But the "free speech" brigade only espouse free speech when it applies to things they want to say.
    This

The BBC will drop him, and replace him with another moron either Jermaine Jennas or Alex Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The BBC will drop him, and replace him with another moron either Jermaine Jennas or Alex Scott
    😆😆

As the BBC is managed by Government puppets I'm afraid Gary is a gonna...!!

Lee Anderson says Lineker should stick to football
    Maybe Lee Anderson should stick to knocking on doors and saying “pretend you don’t know me”

Preferred him when he presented MOTD in his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Lee Anderson says Lineker should stick to football
    Maybe Lee Anderson should stick to knocking on doors and saying “pretend you don’t know me”
    I wonder if 'man of the people' Lee Anderson takes his 30p per meal nutritious lunchbox to the House of Commons, or if he gorges on the heavily subsidised fillet steak and smoked salmon options they offer? Actually, I don't wonder at all.

Lineker is a bit more complicated. From what I've read, his tweets are from a personal account as not as an employee of the BBC as he seems to be a (very highly paid) freelance journalist. If he made the comments on MOTD it would obviously be the wrong place, but should his job with the BBC deny him personal opinions?

We now have a discredited ex-PM putting his discredited dad forward for a knighthood! Does anyone on here agree with this?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast