+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Got the green light to re start donating blood

Anymore brave Millers out there reading this thread not donated?.....come on down the price is right....a free drink, biscuit, meet other people who want to help saves lives what's not to think about....come onboard and lets fly the Millers flag between us!

Good thing for me is, Montgomery Hall in Wath-on-Dearne is the place I give blood,
    come out of the hall, a steady walk to Wetherspoon's Church-house to re-fill.
    My next appointment Monday 20 March at 12.05 - Last appointment Boxing Day 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Good thing for me is, Montgomery Hall in Wath-on-Dearne is the place I give blood,
    come out of the hall, a steady walk to Wetherspoon's Church-house to re-fill.
    My next appointment Monday 20 March at 12.05 - Last appointment Boxing Day 2022.
    ''To-refill'' ....love it ELK.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Me too, love shortbread
    You get waitress service on the platelet machines

What I like is the Blood Donor's letting you know where your blood ends up.

After my blood donor session on Boxing Day 2022 -

My blood was sent to a manufacturing centre in Manchester, where it ran standard
    tests, & then processed into a form that can be given to a patient in need.
    Once ready, my blood went to North Manchester General Hospital, where it will
    help to save or improve someone's life.

Over 1 in 3 share my O Positive blood group.

Well done you guys.

I can’t join in because of an hereditary blood issue, but I would if I could

Interesting to note that while people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.

This is despite black, Asian and minority ethnic communities representing around 14% of the population

Good for you guys taking up the slack

Cheers Grist 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well done you guys.

I can’t join in because of an hereditary blood issue, but I would if I could

Interesting to note that while people from all communities and backgrounds do give blood, fewer than 5% of blood donors who gave blood in the last year were from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.

This is despite black, Asian and minority ethnic communities representing around 14% of the population

Good for you guys taking up the slack
    Don't quote statistics Grist or you'll end up like Zac Kriegman (Google him - an interesting read/watch if you have half an hour).

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Anymore brave Millers out there reading this thread not donated?.....come on down the price is right....a free drink, biscuit, meet other people who want to help saves lives what's not to think about....come onboard and lets fly the Millers flag between us!
    I did Brin but I nearly passed out. Can’t stand the sight of blood…particularly my own 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I did Brin but I nearly passed out. Can’t stand the sight of blood…particularly my own 
    Seen a few pass out mate over the years while donating, everyone has a phobia of some kind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123