+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Plymouth Argyle

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Great effort to get this game on cos it’s not just pitch and terraces is it. Some poor buggaz bin shovellin and gritting all surrounding areas of stadium. 👏👏👏 fair play. Pitty that Exeter didn't show the same endeavour a few week ago
    Yep - it’s a lovely day.
    And yes, a huge effort has been carried out to get not only the pitch ready but also the stadium and importantly areas surrounding the stadium.

But that’s forgetting people have to travel, mostly walk, to actually get to the stadium
    And with melting snow and temperatures set to drop like a stone later this afternoon - then the X-Ray department is likely to be very busy.

Looking at the Argyle team and how I interpret the way they are going to go about things this afternoon with the bit of knowledge I have it looks to me that they are coming to attack and take us on .

They've loaded up on the wide areas it looks to me .

That high line and offside trap best be working to good effect this afternoon .

I don’t want to appear ***ist but this female liner? two throw ins there she had no idea about? A yard away from play and she’s looking at the ref for a decision and both were wrong.

1st Half
    Wow !!!
    I thought Barnsley had another gear - and it’s showing here.
    Can’t take your eyes off this match for a second.
    Cole ought to have done better with a few one on ones.
    Cadden and Williams need to improve their passing into the box.
    Connell - MOTM so far.
    Barnsley run out of steam a bit on 35 minutes.
    Cole and Norwood looking tired after putting a big shift in.
    This match could go either way - Barnsley have dominated but yet to make it count.

On a knife edge this game with ourselves just shading it by a narrow margin .

Great advert for league one this , proper game with quality in abundance from both sides .

Plymouth best team ive seen in this division. I think they might nick it by exploiting our high line. Hope Im wrong but our fullbacks will have to have a better second half.

We need to show a bit more composure in holding the ball up that’s how they are mainly hitting us on the break.

Game over - Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I can’t see it being played.
    Minus 5 tonight and it’s not going to get sufficiently warmer during the day.

If that happens then the positive from that is - the further towards the end of the season it gets - the better this Barnsley team will become.
    Only thing to knock us off track now is suspensions or injuries to key players eg Connell.
    2nd Half
    OMG !!!
    On that performance our nickname should be changed from The Tykes ….. to Wild Dogs.
    Because that’s just what they did.
    Hunt in packs.

Smacks of Stendel and Ismael coming through loud and clear.
    The identity of how the club plays has been well and truly restored.
    High press and run them down football.

We have just beaten a team 3-0 with players in the Plymouth team that has Championship level written all over them.
    Plymouth belong in the Championship and we have just beaten them 3-0. Wow !!!
    To bring on players like Tedic and Thomas towards the end of the game shows the quality in depth - they frightened Plymouth to death.
    An incredible incredible game.

Halftime chat and striker switch did the trick another very good accomplished display.

It’s starting to feel that something special is brewing but as we all know a week is a long time in football - Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 0

You Reds !!!
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 11-03-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast