+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Plymouth Argyle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Plymouth Argyle

Biggest game of the season in my opinion and a real old fashioned 6 pointer .

A win tomorrow could really set us up to have a crack at the top two and anything less may well probably end any hopes of that .

Unfortunately the window of opportunity we have of a top two finish comes with very little margin for error .

Interesting afternoon ahead .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Biggest game of the season in my opinion and a real old fashioned 6 pointer .

A win tomorrow could really set us up to have a crack at the top two and anything less may well probably end any hopes of that .

Unfortunately the window of opportunity we have of a top two finish comes with very little margin for error .

Interesting afternoon ahead .
    2 huge games tomorrow Barnsley v Plymouth and Bolton v Ipswich.

Wins for Barnsley & Bolton will really change the landscape - likewise if Barnsley and Bolton lose.

Whatever the results well done to all the coaching staff and players at Oakwell, tremendous performances this season to date.

3 points please Lads.

I can’t see it being played.
    Minus 5 tonight and it’s not going to get sufficiently warmer during the day.

If that happens then the positive from that is - the further towards the end of the season it gets - the better this Barnsley team will become.
    Only thing to knock us off track now is suspensions or injuries to key players eg Connell.

I just hope it's on lads. Huge game this.

Plenty of effort gone into this fixture with Undersoil heating and other things in place. A very different situation I’m sure had Chien & Conway made the decision then it would have been called off this morning.

Looking forward to this one and the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Plenty of effort gone into this fixture with Undersoil heating and other things in place. A very different situation I’m sure had Chien & Conway made the decision then it would have been called off this morning.

Looking forward to this one and the remainder of the season.
    I think the club will be doing everything within their control to get this game on .

With the run and momentum we are on tomorrow presents the perfect opportunity to play The Pilgrims .

I expect it to go ahead personally .

Man in charge for the game.

Referee Will Finnie

Over the last 12 months Will Finnie has refereed 34 games, comprising 17 League One games, 12 League Two games, 3 FA Cup games, 1 EFL Trophy game and 1 EFL Cup game. In addition he has been the Fourth Official 42 times.

During this period he has issued 41 yellow cards at a rate of 1.21 per game and 1 red card at a rate of 0.03 per game.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Man in charge for the game.

Referee Will Finnie

Over the last 12 months Will Finnie has refereed 34 games, comprising 17 League One games, 12 League Two games, 3 FA Cup games, 1 EFL Trophy game and 1 EFL Cup game. In addition he has been the Fourth Official 42 times.

During this period he has issued 41 yellow cards at a rate of 1.21 per game and 1 red card at a rate of 0.03 per game.

Those stats suggest that this referee is level headed. Just what's needed in a big game thank fuq.

Since we complained about referees after Pompey away, there has been much less controversy in our games and some decisions have actually gone for us. However, a penalty kick still isn't coming our way anytime soon. I believe the last one was Leeds away in the Carabou Cup back in August and Styles missed the bugga.

Decisions usually even thurssens art ovva a season.

Av allus been partial to a nice piece of Finny Haddock-- proper cold smoked, not the bright orange dye stuff. Slowly simmered in milk and etten wi hunks of brarn bread. Kept simple, no Fancy Dan accompaniments. Luvvit.

Give Mr Finnie a portion from Barnsley Market to tek ooam if we get a penalty
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-03-2023 at 08:18 AM.

Name:  37398E52-8480-4063-ADB0-F1C717986776.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  23.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 11-03-2023 at 10:19 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast